• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

mathews pricing Minnesota

Sir_Sumo

I have never checked pricing on my Mathews bows.

I by all my bows from one shop and what thier price is, is what I pay. I feel the service I recieve when buying a new bow from them long surpasses a $20-$50 discount.

They could be over the msrp and I wouls dtill buy from them.

Once I was leaving for a elk archery trip to Montana and the night before, I broke a cable. I called the shop and they met me that evening at 9pm to repair the bow with a new cable. They saved the day so I could leave for my trip as panned on time.

That's true. However, I have been reading for the past 2-3 months about how-tos and reviews, and I think, I want to do things myself or at least try to. I guess the price isn't a big deal, but it does make me jealous knowing other people in other states do get wayyy better deals... I have not ordered any accessories yet because I haven't decided on my bow or color yet. With accessories, isn't it logical to want to find the best deal?

Yes, a good deal is great. I just like to use the same archery shop for all my purchases. Maybe just me.

+1

Had something happen today and I took it to the shop where I bought it, service is worth a chunk of the money you pay for the bow.

I've never found any shop in MN that goes under MSRP on current year bows. If you're buying a new bow and they still have last years models then there will be some savings.

I do alot of the work on my bow, but there are still times when I need to have a proshop look at it.

To what Harvey said, my first bow I bought from a private party and had it serviced at a pro shop. To them I was just a customer. When I bought a new bow from them, I moved up a little bit. My bow was completely set up by them, but they showed me what they were doing. I get more attention and more free advice when I need it and tend to get faster service I think. To me that is worth the extra $30-50 I might save by shopping online.

I am almost sure all Mathews dealer's are to sell at Mathews pricing. That is not to say a dealer will not lower the price but I believe they are to not do it.

Few years back I saw dealers selling Sno Suits way lower than others but I also see those companies no longer are dealers.

Same thing with Artic Armour suits. Many comapnies set pricing, forget the name they call it and if you get caught, you have issues.

So in the end, you buy from a cut throat dealers and have issues and your dealer is gone.

Again, I would much rather pay a local dealer and have him like me and I then recieve great CS. Kind of like buying a Chev car from one dealer and having it serviced from another, never the same service.

It's called Manufacturer Advertised Pricing or MAP pricing and almost every manufacturer in the archery industry takes it pretty serious. For instance Mathews, on current model bows you aren't allowed to sell under MAP, and you sure as heck can't ship one somewhere else. If you get caught there are a number of penalties that can be installed, such as a higher dealer price or loss of dealership. Dealers here in Minnesota and Wisconsin play by the rules since Mathews is literally right here. Mathews is strict on this because they want each shop to have it's own local area it services. In the end people who undersell the MAP price on this years bow end up cutting their own throat. They don't get those bows much cheaper if any than the other dealers, and their margins suffer. Eventually after enough complaints from other local dealers in their area that do follow mathews MAP price, they lose their dealership. Ask yourself, why would you have to discount a bow thats been on the market for less than 4 months, when other dealers have no trouble selling them at the required price. It's brand new, obviously discontinued models are a different story and do not fall under MAP pricing rules.

Yea, st. cloud's mathews pricing(AC) is not the cheapest store/area around! DJ's out in montevideo has some of the best pricing around on hoyt and mathews(Not as cheap as Rost but close!) Granted it is a drive for people in the metro but if youre in the area its worth a stop. Also mankato in scheels is usually reasonable as well, great customer service to!

You know I went to one of stores recommended here and really didn't get the attention I was expecting when looking at $1000+ bows. Maybe it was the time of day, maybe someone out, dunno. The next day I ended up at Schaffer Archery in Burnsville, I had been to them before but I had since moved a good piece away. They are a great bunch of people there and I got a lot of attention. I ended up with a Creed and I could not be happier! I highly recommend them! I will always make the drive back there from now on. Prices, yes, Matthews prices are the same everywhere, but its the shop and their people that make the difference!

Yes Mathews does have regional pricing and Minnesota/Iowa/WI/SD/ND all have the highest price tier. I have purchased several of my Mathews bows in another state at a significant discount. I have a job that requires air travel and I have banked nearly 700,000 frequent flyer miles, so every 3 years I jump on a plane and pick up a new bow or have a friend pick it up for me. You cannot purchase Mathews online and recieve the factory warranty. To get the warrnty, the bow must be picked up in person. My Mathews archery shop does not bark too much when I need a little help. It is not my fault that Mathews treats states differently with pricing and I believe that $999 or $979 is just too extreme for a bare bow.

IT IS ILLEGAL FOR A COMPANY TO MAKE A STORE SELL AT A CERTAIN PRICE! MAP pricing is Minimum Advertised Price. The store can't advertise for less than that but they can sell the product for whatever price they please. Part of the reason I don't own a matthews. Let the dealer do what he wants.