• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

RIP Maxx

MinnesotaMike

We lost another good one yesterday. Many years of pheasant hunting caught up to her and with the assistance of the Vet she went peacefully to the other side.

Maxine chillaxing at the lake:

MAXX004_zpsa6415f72.jpg

Opening X-mass presents:

X-MASS2009019_zpsdcc86f05.jpg

After a long X-Mass day:

X-MASS2009015_zps1e3728c4.jpg

Rest in peace girl, we will miss you.

always hate to read these posts. made a couple of them myself. remember the good times, know that you did right by her, after all they do for us, knowing when it's time and taking that step are the least we can do for them. take care

dam!.....this has been a hard winter for lot of guys. Sweet looking little dog and you will always have her with you when you have a quiet moment in the field or at home. All my many dogs are still with me and I think of them often; perhaps more so as I get older.

Maxx will always bring a smile to your face and sometimes......a little tear.

MinnesotaMike, I just went through this a few weeks ago (thanks for your post in my thread), I feel your pain and sorrow to the core! You gave her many wonderful days in the field chasing pheasants and laying around at the lake, something that can never be taken away from you and her! Just remember how much she loved you for that. Those memories are ones we really do cherish and eventually we will be laughing about many of the antics throughout the years! I wish you and your family nothing but the best and I will say a prayer for you and your friend Maxine.

Thanks for all the kind words guys. It has been different around the house, we went from two dogs back in July to now none.

On my way home yesterday I drive buy the place my wife works part time. I saw her car in the lot and the first thing that popped into my mind was " I need to get home to let the dog out "

Needless to say it's quiet around the house.......

Good Luck,

Mike

My beautiful Annie left us a few months back. It was more painful than I can remember, and I've had a bunch of dogs.

Give it some time. Remember Maxx.

But in a month or two, the prime of spring, start to look around at the seasons puppie crop. No rush....just poke around. One day you will walk into a pen and a happy, innocent little face is gonna look up and right into your eyes. You'll say "Well hello there little one."

And the two of you will ride home with her on your lap.

That's the way it works. Life is good.