• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild!!!

OnAFly

My guess is that moving Heatley down is more of a move to spread out the scoring. I haven't had time to watch many games yet but getting this many players to gel in a short time is a challenge.

I think this team will be looking good by the end of the year but it would nice if they can right the ship in time to make the playoffs.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just dont understand how one franchise has soooooooooooooooooo much trouble putting the puck in the net. Its the same story every single year. These guys CANT SCORE! EVER!

wow

I bet the wild average 0.7 goals a game or something dumb like that since they became a franchise... just gets nauseating to watch

Rupp isn't even close to the answer and Konopka is a joke, now I see why he gets in so many fights, its because he doesn't scare anyone just like tonight with his fights against Wiese.. Not only that but his checks are soft. Btw, where was Clutterbuck? I think I noticed him once all game.

Well I'd say they better figure it out quick, the ship is sinking fast. If they lose a couple more, they need to put Heatley, Cullen, Setoguchi, Konopka, Rupp on the trading block IMO.

Anyone know how Dowell is doing in Houston? I'd rather have him on the 4th line than Konopka.

Btw, where was Clutterbuck? I think I noticed him once all game.

I was wondering the same thing. I didn't even know if he was out there or not. It seemed like he'd make a big impact in nearly every game last year, and now this year he has been real quite.

My hope for this year was that the Wild make the playoffs. The shortened training camp/season hurts a team that is bringing in so many changes.

I missed the first period last night but other than that Schneider might have stolen this one for the Canucks. To dominate the second period and come out 2 goals further back is pretty disheartening. Especially for a team that's been having trouble scoring.

On a bright side I think Brodin and Coyle look good. I liked the Wild announcers take that Brodin is younger than all but one of the Gopher defenseman. WOW!

My faith is waning. You'd swear sometimes it appears they are just playing an amateur "pick up" game.....and Parise seems like he is getting pretty frustrated....Yeo is stuck in mud at the moment without a rope to pull himself out....gonna be interesting how this plays out and the outcome does not look promising at this point.

They look smaller - slower - weaker...not a good combination at any level.

Brought up Yeo a while back saying my faith is sketchy at best, who is Mike Yeo ? All I can do is hope like last year we were in first near x-mas and missed the playoffs so hopefully once we're dead last we can make that ground up and sneak in, but the team is kinda a mess and it was a short camp all around the league, the state of hockey is in a state of shock, how can't we be better adding the 2 hundred millionaires and a healthier version of PMB ?

We need to lose the following:

Heatley

Seto

PMB

Cullen

Seto is not going to work out here. Cullen is aging. Heatley is aged. PMB just isn't the dynamic PMB we used to know.

Koivu needs to be a captain and quit saying everything is fine and we just aren't getting the breaks. His style is to lead by example, but at some point he needs to walk into the locker room and put some inspiration into these guys. If he can't, give the C to someone else.

We need to lose the following:

Heatley

Seto

PMB

Cullen

Seto is not going to work out here. Cullen is aging. Heatley is aged. PMB just isn't the dynamic PMB we used to know.

Koivu needs to be a captain and quit saying everything is fine and we just aren't getting the breaks. His style is to lead by example, but at some point he needs to walk into the locker room and put some inspiration into these guys. If he can't, give the C to someone else.

+1 Agree with all this with one exception...keep PMB and get rid of Brodziak. Spot on with Koivu, he used to be our best player so captain by default, be he does not wear the "C" well at all from a team's perspective.

What could we get for Heatley?

ANYONE younger who plays hard both ways would be nice....gotta be someone in a team's farm system they could possibly snap up. Heatley used to have a great scoring touch but that was years ago and the game seems to have passed him by and now he is average as best.....anyone can stand in the crease and cram a puck or two past the goalie.