• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild!!!

OnAFly

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagr to Boston

Roy to Vancouver

Bouwmeester to St Louis

Robyn Regehr to LA

Lots of action this year. Wonder if the Wild will make a move, rumor has it they are looking at Clowe from SJ. Having a bad year but he could help.

Jagr would have been perfect for the Wild, need that big puck control guy who can score, score, score.

Hate the fact that we have people to move and just ok with the status quo, we'll make the playoffs, not contend for the cup but all will be OK.

"Can't wait for next year with all our youth!" will be the rally cry.

No better time than the present as all our good vets will be a year older, slower, etc.

YAAAWWNNNN!

I agree Bear. I wouldn't mind seeing the Wild part with some young talent to get bigger puck moving dman, but I don't want to see them get a rental player at this time. I'm sticking by my prediction that this is a playoff team that is a year or 2 away from being a contender. That's when you might pick up a rental player if needed. Although they may also be thinking that Dumba is playing here next year. He looked good playing with the big boys already.

PMB, Cullen, Clutter, Falk, Spurgeon, Backstrom and Hackett all need contracts next year. I'm sure the Wild will attempt to sign a couple of these guys but I think their big fear is right now they have no idea about their goalie next year.

The salary cap drops next year and the Wild are currently $13.5M under. At a minimum I will bet that they want to resign Spurgeon, Hackett, Cullen and Backstrom. Hopefully Cullen/Backs are a bit cheaper but the other 2 deserve raises if resigned.

Although they may also be thinking that Dumba is playing here next year. He looked good playing with the big boys already.

When were you able to see him play? As far as I know he didnt dress for any games and went back to his former team due to contract issues.

He's a small guy. Physical, but small. I would rather see a bigger Forward and/or Dman come into the fold right now.

I agree, the rental player thing isnt in the best long term interest now. They arent that close to make a huge push right now anyway, but certainly should make the playoffs.

Clowe went for 2 2nds and a 3rd.. I say that's would be way too much for the wild to have spent on him. I would have offered PMB, Prosser and a 3rd or something along this lines. I agree with calling all of our prospects untouchable. If we have to finish the season with what we have I'm happy with it and we can look for a d man this off season AND hope Dumba is ready. And don't forget Scandella. Our D is close to being very solid and Falk, Brodin etc have gotten a lot of experience this season.

I can't believe that Clowe went for that much. SJ got a deal on that one, IMO. Though, one of the 2nd rounders was conditional on resigning I think. If that's what players are going for right now, I don't blame Fletch at all for holding tight.

As for our D...Gilbert and Falk make me nervous right now. Will Dumba be ready next year? We all thought Granlund was going to come in and be a stud, that sure didn't happen (not so say that it won't ever).

We may be in need of a 5/6 D man in the summer.

I am pretty happy with the what we have. You can always use more. I think Fletcher has a set plan and will stick with it. I do wish we knew what it was but then that would take away his bargaining leverage maybe. Any how, I think Butch's game will pick up come playoff time. You have to remember he missed basically a year of playing time and more before his last head knocker. Right now we have a good combo of size and speed along with toughness and players willing to crash the net which is what playoff hockey brings. If our goaltending is hot we could have a nice run through the playoffs. Which is what I am hoping for but not expecting.

Making a move would be nice but I do not want to give up our best prospects for a rental, if we make a big trade then so be it. The good news is I have a good amount of faith in our management to do the right thing. We have a bright future and being patient with these guys is the right move. I'd rather be a good team for a decade and make the playoff than mortgage the future for one cup run that could end in the first round.

I don't understand why nobody thinks we can contend this year. Yea, there are some good teams out there, but if we play how we did over that 7 game stretch we can play with anybody. If Backstrom is playing good come playoff time we will have a chance.

Playoff hockey is a lot about getting the bounces and a hot goalie. That 7 game winning streak if you go back and watch you will see we had both. A lot of the bounces good or bad are caused by hard work or lack of hard work. I Think we can contend and I hope we make a long run. Definitely funner to watch when the games mean something.

Dumba played in the preseason exhibitions with the big boys at the X. He looked good enough that a lot of people were questioning if he would be sent back down or not. Although Dumba/Brodin may not get taller, as young as they are they should add some weight to their frames yet.

Schmitty - Once we are in, we have a chance at a cup, just like everyone else. Doesn't matter what we did in the regular season, as long as we get in.

Best case for us, we fall in the #3 slot and Vancouver falls in the #6, IMO.