• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

check engine light

02 F150 with 149,249 miles on it. Light came on yesterday. Truck is running fine. I was wondering if it is set to do this to remind me that we're about to cross a big number and things probably need attention. Is this a sign from Ford or an indication that I have to have Jake look at it and see what's up?

At one time I had a '95 F150 and the check engine light would come on for about 5 seconds and shut off. This only happened once or twice a week and I ignored it. About three months later the tranny went out and I'm sure there was a connection between the two. It's cheaper to have the code checked.

This happened to me driving up to Vermilion the other week. I watched the gauges and dummy lights and made it all the way. The dealership in Cook checked it out and said that my thermostat was stuck (mostly open I have to assume). That set off the Check Engine light.

Funny thing is that now my truck runs a little warmer according to the engine temp gauge. It must have not been fully opening all of this time.

probably because it usually is a quick "replace the t-stat" code. Just wait till he starts working on these 2013 ecoboost fords with "electronic bypass valves" or in other words a t-stat controlled by a solenoid.

probably because it usually is a quick "replace the t-stat" code. Just wait till he starts working on these 2013 ecoboost fords with "electronic bypass valves" or in other words a t-stat controlled by a solenoid.

Correct! And you get to make and extra little bit for the diag!!! wink

Of coarse I had a VW in the other day with crazy VW codes of implausible coolant temp. It would barely start and would die as soon as you stepped on the gas. Checked the coolant temp sensor in the data and wouldn't you now it read 212 degrees. Only Volkswagen would sky rocket the temp reading when the sensor went bad!