• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fishing apps

crowrosa13

I want to get a fishing app on my new smart phone.I'm looking for a good app that will show me lake maps lake details hot spots for fish on the lake...etc any good apps that you guys know off please tell me the information will be helpful

Here are some of the features that Navionics offers on there APP. All US Lakes and coastal information. Check out there web site it has a viewer of the lakes you may want.

Route planning, route tracking*, waypoints & markers.

Community Edits - the best local data available!

Satellite overlay on charts*

These are just a few.

I agree that the Navionics app is very nice if.....you have a iPhone 4S or lower. I just upgraded to the i5 and it is not formatted to fit the i5 screen yet. This to me is very annoying but all and all it's better than nothing. I emailed them to ask them when they expect to have one that fits the i5 and this was their response at the bottom.

Before I paste it I was wondering if.............

Has anyone used either of these?

Lakes: Minnesota - GPS Map Navigator by Flytomap

Hunting Map - Minnesota by Flytomap

The Navionics Mobile Apps have not been adjusted for use with the iPhone 5’s larger screen size at this time. However, we thank you for your request. We appreciate any user feedback or suggestions to improve our products. I have forwarded your request to our software development team for consideration.

If you need additional information, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Navionics Mobile Team

By no means should the way this app looks on the i5 make you decide not to buy that phone! The phone is great and in time the app will be corrected to fit the screen. I will post a picture of it soon. It's not bad it would just be nice to have that extra space on the screen to show the map.

It's not a deciding factor, but definitely a contributing factor. I have the iPhone4, and I'm happy with it, just one of those "grass is greener" situations.

I always like to weigh out and agonize over every decision.

Thanks for the pic in advance...

Could you post a screen shot of how it looks on the iPhone5? I'm in the midst of picking a new phone, and the only reason I'm getting a smartphone is to save on a GPS...

Thanks!

Im running the android version of navionics on a motorola Droid Razr and i like the detail. My buddy just got the iphone 5 (my upgrade is in January and i will be switching to the 5) and downloaded the app and there is a noticeable difference,at least to me there is. Running them side by side there seems to be more detail in the iphone version of the app and the controls are easier (IMO). And personally if your already running an iphone i think you will be disapointed switching to android, nothing wrong with android i just feel youll end up feeling like you made a mistake.