• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleye Standards?

Sam Smith

Same here except I'd go replica as well. Those larger fish have the genetics to produce fast growing big fish and typically anything above a 24" fish is a female. As females age, they produce more eggs and then eventually fewer eggs but the success rate of hatch is higher from older females as well.

Depends where I catch it what I do. 14-19 are my eaters. 30" is my mark for mounting. As far as a replic or real it would come down to a decision at the time of the catch for me. I couldn't make that decision till I was holding it. Like I say it would depend where I caught it too.

im the same, i caught a 31" walleye in Sugar lake (mcleod cty) that was 2 years ago, she is still swimming. I went on an online resale site and found many used mounts. in 3 days i picked up a nice 30" skin mount done very well for 150 bucks. talk about having her up on the wall quickly best thing I ever did. Never going to kill a big fish again

15-19 inches I eat. Over 20+ gets released. 30+ inches makes the wall. If the DNR won't give us a slot we make our own.

Pretty much the same for me except I might even release them over 18" and I might keep them down to 14" depending on how fishing has been. I won't put one on the wall but then I have never caught one that big so who knows?

Depends on the water but most is a 23" limit for my boat. ALL OTHERS GO BACK! Prefer smaller but I'm not too proud to beg for a meal. (And tell the truth) State allows one over 20.

It better be 30+" for someone in my boat to put it on the wall. (Unless they begged, In witch I would make fun of them.)

I keep only enough to feed the group with 15-18" fish. I had two fish mounted (killed) 25 years ago, and now I would never think about killing a big fish. My dad and friend just about fell out of the boat as I released a 33 1/2" Walleye. I wouldn't keep any fish that wouldn't be a state or world record.