• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ice cleats

genzbug

Best I've used were the STABILicers Lite, but at 1/4 the price, the HT Enterprises Sure Grip Safety Treads have worked out about as well for me and available in more places. Only thing is the HT's don't provide any metal under the heel, but have plenty under the ball of your foot. I like how both of these have a strip of steel rather than the individual studs that seem to work their way out right away.

i researched these and bought the celsius cleats today at Dick's for 12.99. i tried the others that have the rollers and bands and they felt bulky like i was walking on rollers (which i was). They are in the ice fishing section of the store. Nice and flat and easy to put on and take off. I walk everyday and fell hard last year so this was a no brainer vs a concussion:) worth every penny i spent.

I bought a pair that have a chain type deal all over the bottom. Then attach to the boots with the rubber that slips over toes,sides,and heel. They aren't like the coil yaktrax but have a diamond kind of shape metal lugs that spin. So far walking on the plowed streets they are comfortable and grip that frozen packed snow real well. I couldn't brin myself to spend the 50-60 for the kahtoola's.

I bought a pair that have a chain type deal all over the bottom. Then attach to the boots with the rubber that slips over toes,sides,and heel. They aren't like the coil yaktrax but have a diamond kind of shape metal lugs that spin. So far walking on the plowed streets they are comfortable and grip that frozen packed snow real well. I couldn't brin myself to spend the 50-60 for the kahtoola's.

I have spend at least a $100 over the years on different cleats. From losing them or wishing I would lose them, I wasted a lot of money before I finally bought my first pair of Microspikes. I have a couple sets now and will never look at another brand. They stay on your boots, have spikes on both the heel and the front part of the your foot, and really dig into the ice for perfect traction!

just saw this on stabilicers page,

IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL

Stabilicers® Lite

Dear Valued L.L.Bean Customer,

Our records show you purchased or received the Stabilicers Lite (BNX9 or 51650) sold by L.L.Bean from January 1, 2008 through December 1, 2008.

L.L.Bean has learned that the Stabilicers Lite that were sold in colors (not including black) may break while in use. If the Stabilicers Lite break while on ice, it could result in an injury. For your safety, please immediately stop using your Stabilicers Lite.

Click here for return instructions, call 800-555-9717, or email us at [email protected] so we may send you return instructions and materials. Please cut the words "STABILicers Lite" out of both the right and left Stabilicer and send them to L.L.Bean for a replacement pair in black or your choice of a gift card, credit card credit or refund check.

If you purchased this product as a gift, please pass this information on, call us at 800-555-9717 or email us at [email protected] and we will send this letter to the gift recipient.

L.L.Bean is issuing this recall notice in cooperation with the CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

All of us at L.L.Bean are firmly committed to providing our customers with the best in products and service. We regret any inconvenience this has caused; however, your safety is most important to us. Please let us know if you have any questions regarding this safety notification.

I'm really glad you posted this, It reminded me that I needed to add cleats to my Santa list.

If you have any thoughts of getting the Yaktrax XTR that Cabelas sells....don't. Last winter, first time out and less that 100 feet on the ice one of the chains snapped. That night I called Cabelas, they told me get a hold of the manufacture. Yaktrax might as well not even have customer service, just a complaint department.

Kahtoola guys, are you wearing them on Pak or bunny boots. Just curious about sizing on fat boots.

I just got the Kahtoola Microspikes a little over a week ago. I have size 11 regular white bunny boots and the Xtra large fit just right. Once they are on there's no shifting around at all and they pop right off when taking them off. They have like shark teeth style cleats and if you are falling down with these things on you have more than a slipping problem. I was walking around on glare ice with about an inch of water on it and had absolutely no concerns at all. Just don't be walking around the kitchen linoleum with them on as you will be having problems then (no I did not learn that from experience). Highly recommended.