• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

TRAIL REPORTS

leech~~

Got out on the trails on Friday 2/22 in the Brainerd area and most of the trails are getting a little rough or loosing some base. I'm sure now after the Frozen Four crowd has left the groomers will be out again but we're loosing snow with this sun and averaging 32degrees or better now. We need another monster storm again or head north again.

MR

I hate it when a guy 130 miles north of me says "we may have to head north" frown I was out fishing on Pelican this weekend and it would have been a great weekend to be out on the trails with the snow I had seen out there! smile

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Leech. I can say that the trails south of Brainerd towards Randall-Little Falls have good base/trails as of Saturday evening from a report I got.... wink

Hope that helps the sting a little!

MR

Lifes full of choices so I went fishing on the last weekend of Walleye and got a few. Hopefully after the B/Bash in two weeks there maybe some snow yet for me to ride somewhere. whistle

Well I hate to report this but went for a ride last night from Brainerd down to the Fort over to the Saint and back, the trails are definitely showing some signs of poor conditions. Grass, dirt starting to show but if you get into the woods it not allll that bad but it's getting hard to steer. If we don't get any significant snow soon that just might be my last ride around the lakes area. If you plan on coming up to the Brainerd area this weekend, expect poor conditions unless the trails are in the shaded woods.

MR

Myself and randy got out today and headed for virginia. Started at the taconite headed west to the tim corey. rode the corey up to bearskin then to cook. Stopped for lunch and took the arrowfull-3547-30686-20130302_104757.jpg

head bacck to the tac. Weather turned out great and so were the trails.

X Junior, Mrs X and I headed over to Brule and dumped sleds across from the Kro bar at 11. Headed up the Trail 1 (south shore trail) to Port Wing, Herbster, and stopped at the Village Inn in Corny for lunch. Had AWESOME fresh fried whitefish sandwich's washed down with a SS nut brown ale (Point root beer for JR), definitely a 12 out of 10!!

Headed down to Valhalla pub and grub for a shot of gas and then back down 33/31/2 trials back to Brule. Thank you Bayfield county and the groomers for an awesome 110 miles of great riding!!!!!! grin

This looks like our last bigger family ride as Jr. has basketball tournaments the next 2 weekends and then 2 weekends of spring break somewhere warm. Will still get some miles on around here for sure tho. Got a cool pic of icebergs on Superior that I'll post tomorrow from Herbster, looked pretty cool!

Myself and randy got out today and headed for virginia. Started at the taconite headed west to the tim corey. rode the corey up to bearskin then to cook. Stopped for lunch and took the arrowhead bacck to the tac. Weather turned out great and so were the trails.

Of Course! frown

Grmpa Leech~~ had other things going on this weekend! smile

full-27051-30704-cam&gmpa.jpg

Hopefully there will be some snow after the B/Bash next weekend and I can find some to slip around on? Before it's all gone! eek

Congrats on on your new mini-Leech smile

Was out in Crosslake/Emily area, and it was surprisingly AWESOME on Saturday! Trails were great, except a few corners and grassy areas which heated up a bit and melted. But other than a few areas, the rest of trails were better than last weekend! I don't hold much promise for this week, unless we do get a bigger than expected snowfall. And then hopefully it all doesn't melt at once... Lots of people out Saturday, and lots with kids. Great weather.

Anyone interested in a ride tomorrow afternoon? I need to get out there! Watching this snow is killing me. I'm going to leave from the north part of St. Cloud and head towards St. Stephen. Let me know if your interested.

Matt

So, anyone in Brainerd (or specifically NE of there) able to say if we will be able to ride this weekend? I think they got 8 inches by my place, but with warmth you never know. Bringing two grandkids up and hoping we will at least be able to hit the lake, and at best hit the trail for a bit anyway. Thanks.

So, anyone in Brainerd (or specifically NE of there) able to say if we will be able to ride this weekend? I think they got 8 inches by my place, but with warmth you never know. Bringing two grandkids up and hoping we will at least be able to hit the lake, and at best hit the trail for a bit anyway. Thanks.

BoxMN, yes the trails are almost perfect shape just hope the groomers can keep them smoothed out during the night time. Went for a nice ride Monday and last night and trails were wonderful with less traffic than expected. I live down by the bypass and we received less snow then you so I would say you're going to have a warm and fun weekend...Oh and the ditches are unbelievable right now!!!!!

If you want specifics shoot me a PM.

Good luck,

MR

Trails were assume today. We logged 200 miles in central Minnesota between Hutchinson, Silver Lake, Darwin, Wakins, Paynesville, Spicer, Sibley State Park,Grove City, Litchfield and back to Hutcnhinson. The trails were soft and groomed.

a really fun ride awaits in Western WI. The Knapp, Elmwood, Spring Valley, El Paso area is fantastic! Lots of steep terrain, narrow trails, switchbacking, traversing the hills and valleys along with throttle opening fields on top of the hills. Fun and challenging... scenery is exceptional! Groomers in Western WI take it serious and the trails are usually meticulous.

Boss asked me to play hookie today, but alas work beckoned. Next Monday or Tuesday I will be on them again. calling for another 4" on Sunday

Good Riding!

Ken

Just drove down from the Ely area today coming from the Burntside Bash and it's a whole another world up there as compared to around the cities. They got a few inches of fresh snow this weekend and pretty much the whole arrow head is looking great. Now that fishing is winding down it maybe time to try and get up there next weekend before it all goes away soon. Anyone up for a ride on the Northshore next weekend for day a trip or a tag along if your already going? smile

Was up in Crosslake/Emily area and the trails were again GREAT! The ditches were GREAT! (Some ditches not so good, but most great wink ) The lake was an absolute blast with powder that was coming up over the hoods in some areas! The kids had a hoot, and the big kids did too wink

We got maybe maybe 4-6 inches Friday night and Saturday, so much it was hard to ride Saturday afternoon it was coming down so hard with the sticky flakes. That was on top of the about 8 inches from Tuesday. Not much melted yet, but it is sticky.

Grandson got stuck twice in the driveway, hahaha!

Lake also started to get slushy again in spots. Will have to see how that goes for next weekend, but that is St. Patty's parade festivities anyway, so not much sledding planned...

482810_10200312970220855_219054199_n.jpg

BoxMN thanks for posting such a successful report with the pictures to show it. I'm hoping to firm up plans for a trip up to the Walker area this coming weekend. I feel this could be my last BIG ride of the season with all this new snow.

MR

I'll offer up some kind of contribution for the southern portion of the Lakes Area. The trails from Brainerd to the Saint and down to the Fort are in the best shape, lets hope for cool temps and cloud cover all week! If folks are coming up for the St. Patricks parade I suggest to load up every sled and person you can and come and ride this has to be the best trails I've seen in several years this late in the season. Mean while I'm "heading north"... winkgrin

Leech-if you're heading north let me know, our plans are to ride from Walker to Itasca State Park, never gone that way before hope the trails are in good shape.

Meat Run

Leech-if you're heading north let me know, our plans are to ride from Walker to Itasca State Park, never gone that way before hope the trails are in good shape.

Meat Run

Meat-Run, whats your program for this weekend up by Walker? What days are you riding? Maybe I could meet up on Sat, or something? Here is the weather for Walker as of today for this weekend. Looks like warm days but cool nights so maybe the snow will hold out? You can check the DNR trail site for updates for area trail snow and print out trail maps as well if you don't have them yet? smile

Friday Night

Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow. Low of 9F with a windchill as low as 0F. Winds from the North at 5 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 40%.

Saturday

Partly cloudy. High of 34F. Winds less than 5 mph.

Saturday Night

Mostly cloudy. Fog overnight. Low of -4F. Winds less than 5 mph.

Sunday

Mostly cloudy. High of 37F with a windchill as low as 19F. Winds from the NW at 5 to 10 mph.