• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

GMC Sierra Windshield

Thre is something wrong with my windshield on my 09 GMC Sierra. Anytime is is windy or I'm on the highway doing 60 or faster it appeaers to be a cracking or a popping sound. Anyone heard of this? Any info will be appreciated, thanks!

This happened in my 2004 Silverado. It sounded like bugs were hitting the windshield but there were no splats. After my windshield was replaced due to a few nicks it didn't do it anymore. The tech must have secured something better than the factory did.

If you are still under warranty, take it to the dealer and they will do something to the window trim/molding to better secure it. Very common problem. Was going to have mine done last oil change but wasn't able to leave it overnight.

Had the same thing happening on my '05 2500. I too thought it was the hinge flaps, taping them down did not help. Dealer indicated it was due to the after market bug defector on the leading edge of the hoods and was no help. I finally tracked it down to the gasket that goes around the windshield, specifically in the areas of the lower left and right corners of the windshield. I just put some RTV type caulk between the glass and the rubber gasket to solve the problem, i.e. oly 3 inches along the bottom and 6 inches up the side.

Bulletin No.: 08-08-48-003A

Date: July 08, 2009

Subject: Tapping, Clicking or Ticking Noise at Windshield Area (R&R Right and Left Windshield Side Reveal Moldings to Add Double Sided Tape)

Models:

2008-2010 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT

2008-2010 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe

2008-2010 GMC Sierra, Sierra Denali, Yukon, Yukon Denali, Yukon Denali XL Supercede:

This bulletin is being revised to add condition and cause information, and also to update the correction, parts and warranty information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 08-08-48-003 (Section 08 - Body and Accessories). Condition

Some customers may comment on hearing a tapping, clicking or ticking noise at the windshield area. This condition occurs more frequently while driving at highway speeds and could be exaggerated on vehicles with front bug guard deflectors.

Cause

This condition may be caused by air/wind causing the windshield side reveal moldings to move, generating a noise.

Correction

Remove both windshield reveal moldings, add double-sided tape and re-install the moldings

from what i can see from the pictures they want you to run tape on the windshield marking the edge of the moolding. then remove the molding. then apply the molding tape to the windshield just inside of the tape line. then reinstall the molding. if that makes sense.

The bugshield is more than likely part of the problem I personally will not install one on a 07-c Chevy/gmc because the metal is so thin and the shield causes a disruption in aerodynamics and makes a rippling sound remove shield before you goto dealer for TSB