• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

If you could hunt anywhere in Minnesota, where would you?

child23

What are your goals? If I wanted the woods to myself and be able to hunt grouse in the afternoon or jig for some walleyes, I'd head up north around one of the state forests and camp. Probably won't see a lot of deer or much for trophy size during archery season, but you'll have solitude in the bigwoods. If you're looking at taking a few deer and have a chance at a trophy, I'd venture down to the southeastern part of the state in bluff country. Public land is at a premium, but the tradeoffs can be worth the effort.

My goals as of right now is to get out and see a new area. Would like to have the possibility of seeing a decent buck but that's not mandatory. Right now I am in the heart of the tb zone and deer are few and far between. Basically what I am looking for is reasons why you hunt the areas you do or why you would like to hunt a certain area.

If it were me...SE for sure. Not sure what the public lands are like down there though compared to else were.

Living here in East Central MN I would consider the public lands as busy and hard to get away from others. That is only what I hear though so don't quote me on that.

Good luck on your search.