• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

trail stickers

smurfy

asd a newbie here fiqured i'd start out on a good foot and pass on some info i found out today. the trail stickers that use to be optional are NO LONGER optional. when your tabs come due you are now also required to pay for them also. 3 years is $78 and change!

No kidding! And hope that the "new" stickers might not delaminate as much... mine keep peeling apart, and now I just slap some Tyvek tape on leading edge. Ugly but small enough can't see it much smile

If all of you guys complaining about the trailer sticker you must be the ones riding the trails and NOT paying for the sticker. The clubs do a good job in maintaining the trails and it isn't free. There are a lot of expenses that goes into grooming and equipment up keep. If you ride the trails and don't belong to a grooming club you should attend a meeting and see what all goes on.

I would feel a lot better about spending the 70+ X 2 if we got enough snow to actually ride the trails. I believe most trails in MN didnt even open last year. I had 1 sled that never left the garage and had to take the other up to Lake of the woods to ride it. Even the UP in Michigan barely got enough snow to ride and had a very short season. Sure would like to see a snowy winter this year.

If all of you guys complaining about the trailer sticker you must be the ones riding the trails and NOT paying for the sticker. The clubs do a good job in maintaining the trails and it isn't free. There are a lot of expenses that goes into grooming and equipment up keep. If you ride the trails and don't belong to a grooming club you should attend a meeting and see what all goes on.

I agree but was only trying to make a point with taxes. With lack of snow the past few years and paid in club dues, grant inland trail taxes there must be a surplus of funds.....just an observation. AND I do donate and clear trails near my area because I have a trail out my back door.

MR

I would feel a lot better about spending the 70+ X 2 if we got enough snow to actually ride the trails. I believe most trails in MN didnt even open last year. I had 1 sled that never left the garage and had to take the other up to Lake of the woods to ride it. Even the UP in Michigan barely got enough snow to ride and had a very short season. Sure would like to see a snowy winter this year.

I would agree that riding out my door is better than trailing the sleds to find snow. Our club trails never had enough snow to groom them last year. I did make three trips to the U.P. and had a great time on each trip. There seem to have plenty of snow, but I must confess on two of the trip the timing was perfect. We traveled on the end of a blizzard each time so the snow was perfect for us.

So what it your trail sticker is expired but your registration is not? Not complianing, I buy both stickers either way - just want to know.

edit: looked it up online. You can buy annual trail stickers util your registration stickers are due.

Its hard to believe there are people that whine about having to pay for things like this. These fees help pay for the trails you ride on. I suppose you wouldn't like to go out west and have to pay $30.00 for an out of state license to ride for the time your'e there. Sorry to say it's part of the game.

What they need to do is start chargeing bicycles,walkers,horseback riders and sled dogers etc. to use the trails as they dont do anything or buy a drop of gasoline or support any businesses along the way. And the way the winters have been other than those sled doggers they get to use them almost year round.

Heck up north they have like 80-100 miles of paved bicycle trails and you rarely see a biker on them and you cant run a sled on them. I guess we get to pay for those to.

A lot of people that have sleds dont ever touch a trail.

What they need to do is start chargeing bicycles,walkers,horseback riders and sled dogers etc. to use the trails as they dont do anything or buy a drop of gasoline or support any businesses along the way. And the way the winters have been other than those sled doggers they get to use them almost year round.

Heck up north they have like 80-100 miles of paved bicycle trails and you rarely see a biker on them and you cant run a sled on them. I guess we get to pay for those to.

I here you! Ain't that the dumbest thing when they take a old R.R grade that has been a snowmobile trail for years and put black top on it and then they don't want your studded track to drive on it? What gives.....when a guy goes up north to ride for a weekend he is spending a lot of $ in that small town!

I do think the time has come for everyone that uses state trails should have to buy a trail pass! No matter how they use the trail!

The horse riders need to purchase a trail pass also. Here is what the DNR HSOforum said.

" Don't forget your horse pass! Except on state forest roads or forest road right-of-ways, horse passes are required on all lands administered by the DNR, including state parks, state recreation areas, state trails, and state forests.

Buy a horse pass online."

The whole thing is a racket cash grab.

MN says that if the snowmobile is in the state for more than 30 days, it needs to be registered here. And now, we'll be forced to buy a trail pass, no matter if the sled is ever even started in this state.

Meanwhile. WI says that say that if the sled is in their state for more than 15 days, it must be registered there. No matter if its run or not.

So. Since I store my sled at the cabin in WI for the summer. Then bring home to MN in the fall, kept on the trailer, awaiting trips to Michigan. Legally I would have to register in MN and WI, all so that I can ride in MI. crazycrazycrazycrazy

What they need to do is start chargeing bicycles,walkers,horseback riders and sled dogers etc. to use the trails as they dont do anything or buy a drop of gasoline or support any businesses along the way.
Oh and since I sold my 4 wheeler. wink Make them help pay for the trails they can ride on. I know most of them they aren't suppose to, but I see them out there all the time up by Outing. smirk

If my tabs aren't due till next year, do I still have the option to purhase a one year trail sticker for this year?

CA

Yes, when this whole thing started I was on my third year of a three year Lic tab, so I bought a one year trail tag so I could buy them together the next year and break the uneven year thing I had going! frown

As far as complaining? I usually ride the ditches because they are more fun and smoother than the trails in my area. So yeah now i am being forced to buy a trail sticker. I do buy a sticker in MN when we have snow. Some years i don't when i don't ride in MN. So yeah, i am complaining but i do buy a sticker when i ride them. Just think being forced to buy is a rediculous. Oh well on the bright side, in a few years they will change it again and now you will have the option to purchase the trail sticker again. Only downside is the registration cost will remain the same. I have no problem paying when i am using and if they are maintained. I pay $45 for a non res WI permit every yr and trailer there. They groom 24/7 where we go and well worth it.

Just looked. For those of you that still have valid registration and will need a 1 year trail it looks like they raised that from 16-36. Now i dont feel so bad when i go and renew next week. I should of read this first then i wouldnt have had to complain in my prior post!

Just found this thread. Lame! I rarely ever ride on the beat up trails. Did someone say they actually groom them.....
Um, you may have to get out of Buffalo to find some better trails! Ditch run trails can get a little beat up! wink