• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Camp Ripley Hunt this weekend

Boonie5

I saw 6 does and a tiny buck yesterday 138 deer registered also heard someone fell from there stand

Wonder if this was Saturday around 1? I heard some sirens going by and thought that something must have happened?

I was way back in line and didnt get to the gate until 645am sat. I drove by one of my spots and couldnt believe there were no cars there. was about to stop but kept going to another spot that i hunt which usually has about 10 hunters. Got to this spot about 710 and again, there was no one! Any way i got into my stand and between 730-10 i seen 12. 11 does and one smaller buck that was chasing 2 of them. I got lucky and ended up with the buck. Left the wooeds about 11 and still no cars around. Nice, like i had all of ripley to myself.

ntrider, my dad reported the same thing for our usual spot. Last year it was crowded with hunters, this year nobody. Like everyone finally decided to leave us alone. Of course I wasn't there, but oh well, dad saw a big buck go by the tree he was in last year. :P

Nice buck faster - heavy!

We had our spot to ourselves as well. Our group of 7 brought home 2 bucks, including one we didn't even shoot. No shots by me. Had one come by my buddy's stand Sat afternoon that was gut shot. It bedded down and then another hunter came and kicked him up. Said he didn't shoot it, but jumped it and was following it. Said he would come back later to look for it. Never did. So we got down a little early and went and looked. Found him dead 100 yds away. Hated to see it go to waste so we tagged it. Had a damaged pedicle - neat rack - still had velvet on it. Saw a lot of deer, including 3 wallhangers Sat morning, but nothing inside of 60 yds. A pile of turkeys too. As usual, a fun time. Weather was gorgeous. Heaviest buck Sat was 204#.

full-9397-25866-2012_10_2811.53.27.jpg

full-9397-25867-2012_10_2720.29.23.jpg

Awesome bucks guys!! I did not have the luck of seeing any bucks while hunting at Ripley this year. I was successful I took a doe fawn that was wondering around calling for its mom. I figured someone shot its mom seeing it was calling for it some much. So I made a doe bleat and it came running into 20 yards. I used my bonus tag and it sure is good eating we cooked some steaks last night while we cut it up. My dad took a picture of me and the deer (which i may post later when he emails me the picture) because it was my first Archery kill with my crossbow. It sure was nice to be back at camp ripley with my dad again.

Stick, may I ask where(general area this buck was. I had a very similar buck come by me Sat. I was obsessed with him when I saw it, but he would give me a clean shot. Just wondering if it is him. P.M. me if you don't want to give up the spot.

yeah a guy fell 30-35ft on Sat. No harness on. He got brought into the hospital. Walked away with a bruised tail bone. Dang lucky. Our group saw very few deer this year, but 3 of them were shooters. Just all out of range.

Saturday was slow for me, however Sunday was action packed! Missed a nice 10 pt'er and shot a doe but ran out of time to find her.

My buddie shot this brute Saturday afternoon, it was the biggest that day 204lbs.full-39409-25945-rudysbuck1.jpg

what a couple of beautiful bucks! hunted Ripley saturday-sunday also and managed to see 8 does while out hunting. cant believe not one buck. it seemed like no matter where we went, there were hunters EVERYWHERE! it was very frustrating but dealt with it. but dont get me wrong, it was a very fun trip!