• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wolf hunt a Go!

lichen fox

Court of Appeals rules that wolf season can continue

(Released October 10, 2012)

The Minnesota Court of Appeals today rejected a request for a preliminary injunction that would have stopped the state’s inaugural wolf hunting and trapping season.

That means the planned wolf hunting and trapping seasons will go as planned this fall and winter. Consistent with state law, the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) will issue 6,000 licenses, and the first season will start with the beginning of firearms deer hunting on Saturday, Nov. 3.

The late hunting and trapping season will begin on Nov. 24.

The Court of Appeals ruled that the petitioners, the Center for Biological Diversity, and Howling for Wolves, did not meet their burden of proving irreparable harm for an injunction to be issued.

“We are pleased with the court’s decision,” said DNR Commissioner Tom Landwehr. “It resolves any uncertainty that hunters and trappers might have had about the upcoming season.”

The petitioner’s lawsuit to challenge the way the season was established is still before the Court of Appeals and will proceed on its merits. A decision is not expected until next year.

Anyone who shoots one is nuts if they post it on a public site like Facebook.

I saw a news video a couple days ago of a Wisconsin hunter who bought a license and the video clearly showed his full name, address and DNR ID number on the license... They pulled the video offline yesterday, but I bet he regrets doing the interview now. Lots of hate in the comments of the video, and I'd bet he had some hate mail and possibly unwanted visitors at his home too.

I find it quite entertaining, well not really, but how these people love a mammal more than their fellow neighbor, we are all citizens of the united states and their ancestors waylayed their family horse in the blizzard of 1886 just so they would have a chance someday at life, these ancestors would beat them with a rubber hose if they knew how icky they were toward their fellow americans. Their ancestors hunted and gathered or they wouldn't be here today. What is the dollar figure our state kicks out yearly due to wolf predation ? Save my uncles cattle, my neighbors dog, please hunt wolves and coyotes.

I find it quite entertaining, well not really, but how these people love a mammal more than their fellow neighbor, we are all citizens of the united states and their ancestors waylayed their family horse in the blizzard of 1886 just so they would have a chance someday at life, these ancestors would beat them with a rubber hose if they knew how icky they were toward their fellow americans. Their ancestors hunted and gathered or they wouldn't be here today. What is the dollar figure our state kicks out yearly due to wolf predation ? Save my uncles cattle, my neighbors dog, please hunt wolves and coyotes.

Thats great!! Never thought about somebody eating the family horse!

gringringrin

Thankfully it's a go, neighbor farmer said sure you can hunt my farm but, we haven't seen a deer since mid-august, swamp full of wolves now, they likely have moved on and so did what few deer were around. Front page of the local paper, grouse hunter and dogs attacked..... these people need to realize putting venison in the freezer is really important to so many families, not every wolf needs to be hammered no but they sure settled in nicely in central minnesota where the deer are easy pickings somewhat in these small chunks of land. Bow hunting neighbor got a doe recently, left it for early AM to recover, got there and only the head was left. We need to keep their numbers in check. I can't believe I now aday have all these wolf stories etc. Don't want em, didn't ask for them, but area 240 we're wolf central now.