• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall TV 2012- What to Watch, What to Avoid...

McGurk

Starting to see some premieres and pilots for new shows. What's good and what's not?

I saw Revolution... I had high hopes but have been underwhelmed so far. Something about all characters having clean and new-looking clothing and access to makeup at all times distracts me from the basic plotline. I don't have any strong feelings towards the other new dramas, but I did give LOST a chance back in the day and might give an oddball one a chance here, too.

Sad to see a lot of my drama shows aren't even on network TV anymore. There are a LOT of GREAT shows going on FX, AMC, and HBO, so I am watching shows, just not on the big 4.

Lots of garbage looking sitcoms coming, but I haven't seen them yet. The last couple of years have really turned me off to them (I'm looking at you, Whitney) and I stick with the standby 30 Rock and Modern Family. Although Raising Hope is a great one, too.

It bothers me that we have SOOOO many singing shows now taking up so much airtime. They must be money making machines (no need to pay a bunch of actors and writers, or make new sets) as they each get between 2 and 5 hours of primetime air a week. I'll pass on all of them.

What are your thoughts? Anything new that is good out there?

Revolution has been disappointing to me as well. I feel like it has potential to be good, as LOST didn't start out perfect either. Nothing new really has me excited at all, in fact I haven't found a good replacement for LOST!

The best show I have seen lately and can't wait for the season premiere is The Walking Dead. It has pretty good acting and it seems to be rather realistic (at least in the sense of special effects). It is a really well done show, the quality is as good if not better than LOST, but the story line and suspense isn't quite up there yet... but it is only 2 seasons old. Season 2 got a little slow, but season 3 looks amazing so far!

I can't seem to avoid "wild justice"

and "Alaska State Troopers"

and am obsessed with Prison documentaries, which Hard time and Lockup are filling.

Network TV... can't take it during election season. Just not an option. Last night I cleaned up a bit before the debates and watched "call of the wildman" Not sure how I missed this show since I'd seen youtube clips of turtle man before (on this site even). Live Action!

I have been meaning to start the Newsroom soon, looked entertaining.

Did anyone catch The Men Who Built America? I watched the first episode last night and it was very interesting.

I also enjoyed The Newsroom this summer and can't wait for the new season.

I watched The Men Who Built America. I thought it was really interesting. The one thing that drives me nuts about the shows on the History channel is that after every commercial break, they do a 90 second recap of what we just watched. It just makes the show move very slow. I will continue to watch, just wish they didn't do a 90 second recap every 7 minutes.

New episodes of Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, and Broke Girls have been keeping me laughing. New season of South Park has been disappointing so far - some laughs, but not as good as they could be.

My roommate is really into Walking Dead...I just can't stand yet another zombie movie. Something about this show just can't draw me in!

New episodes of Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, and Broke Girls have been keeping me laughing. New season of South Park has been disappointing so far - some laughs, but not as good as they could be.

My roommate is really into Walking Dead...I just can't stand yet another zombie movie. Something about this show just can't draw me in!

The sarcastaball episode of south park was pretty funny. I haven't seen any other ones.

Though, the Randy episodes are always my favorite.

Quote:
The one thing that drives me nuts about the shows on the History channel is that after every commercial break, they do a 90 second recap of what we just watched.

You and me both! Do they think we are so dumb that we can't remember what happened 3 minutes ago? They need to do anyway with that nonsense.

I agree, Revolution has been disapointing. I keep watching in hopes that it gets better. It has so much potential; however, I agree the clean characters are a bit odd. As well as, the actress who plays Charlie just bothers me. Her acting is off, and she seems over animated. That being said, it does have potential, so I will stick with it for a while. It is a nice thing to watch up at the cabin, since most of the other choices are musical shows.

Also The Walking Dead is fantastic. Season two started off slow, but the last 3 or 4 episodes were amazing. Season 3 opener was good. Didn't like a couple of things, but it really is just nitpicking. It is the best show on tv in a while.

I've really liked what I've seen during the first 2 episodes of "Chicago Fire". It just started like the 10th or so, and thre's a chance that both episodes are up on the network's HSOforum yet if you haven't checked it out.

I've really liked what I've seen during the first 2 episodes of "Chicago Fire". It just started like the 10th or so, and thre's a chance that both episodes are up on the network's HSOforum yet if you haven't checked it out.

Yea, this is pretty good show.

Elementary (sherlock holmes guy) is not bad, not your typical cop show.

The Nuclear submarine show is decent and holding my interest for now.