• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Prefered app for lake maps

sweept

Question

23 answers to this question

I just purchased the Navionics this week for my iPhone and so far it looks great. I haven't used it on the water yet but I've scrolled around and looked at various lakes and the detail is good. For the price of a case of beer its worth it.

Navionics ($10 or $20) + DNR Lakefinder (free).

Navionics for contours, Lakefinder for info.

The DNR Lakefinder app helps you find new lakes by picking a section on a map or searching by name.

It does not give a contour map, that is what navionics is for. It will give you an overall map of how to get there, info on the landing, and the DNR survey information.

Tune In Radio App has worldwide radio stations including NOAA weather stations for weather warnings and reports. I also like the radar maps on AccWeather App and hourly forcasts, wind etc...

HARP

Lake winni and big cutfoot is what i would be using this for any other suggestions ?

As has already been mentioned, there aren't really other apps besides navionics and the lakefinder app that show depth contours of inland lakes for android phones. And, the lakefinder app just has the DNR maps in it, nothing worth writing home about. Very little detail there.

I suggest that you download the navionics app. Look at the lakes you're interested in on your phone. If you don't like it, return it within 24 hours and you're out nothing.

Turning on the community layer shows all the little spots that others place on there not knowing they are sharing with the world. Its kinda funny. I found "Dave's ice house", "slob crappies" and "eelpout mafia" while perusing around various lakes.

I put a few on there just to mess with people and even moved a couple of theirs around. :-)

If you want to mark something on Navionics use FAVORITES. That way others dont see it.

DNR lakefinder now has lake depth contours on the overlay. I also have the droid razor, and downloaded this app, and it is very nice having the lake contours over the arial photo, plus its free.

DNR lakefinder now has lake depth contours on the overlay. I also have the droid razor, and downloaded this app, and it is very nice having the lake contours over the arial photo, plus its free.
Its free and in general nice to have, but not real accurate. I find just having access to lake information, surveys to be very useful though.

So you're the one!
I must confess. I am that guy. The ones I moved were ones that were marking my "honey holes". I realize other people knew about it, but wanted to keep them from being broadcast to everyone.

I dont think people realize that they are showing that to everyone.

Instead, just turn on the google, or Bing map overlay under settings in the Navionics app. The DNR contours are horrible.

So i am looking to get a android phone and have been looking online and on my sons kindle fire and can not find "navionic lake maps" anywhere, am i looking in the wrong place or is it something that once i get the phone it will be easier to find?