• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bowhunting fever

Bear55

Starting to get that itch, the time is near. I can't sleep many nights thinking about deer, can't drive to work without scouting from the roads and keeping an eye out for velvet. Endlessly staring at aerial photos I have looked at hundreds of time before. Planing and re-planning my opening day setup. Going crazy with anticipation! grin

Yep, I've got a family fishing trip to LOW next week- I'm trying to keep my eye on that. After that, I'll be foaming at the mouth for whitetail, muleys, and elk! I can't wait to get out...

Less then 60 days away!! Yesterday was my first time out checking cameras. Waiting for one nice "cool" day to throw a couple more stands up. Going to buy a new safety harness this year, and that's about all I need, just lots of practice with my new bow!! Crossing the days off the calender like a kid waiting for Christmas morning!! Cant wait for the sound of hard horns hitting and the smell of doe pee in the morning!!

Pretty hard for em to get fired up when it is 95 degrees and the deer flies are absolutely horrid. I usually don't get to worked up until mid october. Plenty of fishing and golfing to keep me busy now.

I agree there is a ton of summer left. but I AM PUMPED about deer season.

Wife and I have been shooting all the time even in this heat, deer cameras had pictures pulled once already, food plots are in the making, moved some stands already and cleared some downed trees from fields and trails.

It's an all year obsession for me...have had the cameras out for a month and a half, checked some stands. Lots of shooting too.. My buddies and I are all the same.. Sure, fishing is whats happening now, but my mind never strays far from the woods!

My wife just shakes her head at me and suggests "therapy for my addiction." I got out last week and sacrificed my body to countless mosquito and deer fly bites to clear a new food plot... Just wish I had a bear tag this year gotta a 400+ lb blackie that cruises accross my field in front of my camera EVERYDAY

Definitely shifting from fishing mode to stand prep, fall food plot work, & final firewood cutting. Probably still fish a little, but we're mostly in hunting mode now.

Removed a dead tree by one of my field edge stands at home last night, which truly by coincidence made a nice field entry point for the deer. Saw a couple of deer leave the field through it this morning. They aren't very opportunistic...