• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Sights

So I am looking for a new sight for my bow and was wondering what you guys would recommend getting. Before I've had a 3 pin sight that came on my bow when I bought it from a cousin. I don't like having to many pins on the sight, but any info would be greatly appreciated! Also im looking to spend anywhere from 80-150$ on the sight. Thanks!

full-28877-21905-bowsight.jpg

The Optimizer LT Elite is made of one piece machined aluminum, so durability is standard. The sight has 1 pin, so no confusion on which pin to shoot when you come to full draw. This particular version of the Optimizer LT Elite comes with a 2†sight housing wrapped with 10 feet of .019 green fiber optics, so brightness is a non-issue as well. Sight also is fully adjustable without any tools and is compatible with magnification lens and a light.

I purchased Optimizer LT Elite 5519 The design and quality of the sight leaves nothing to be desired. I was able to bolt in on my bow and have every yardage from 20 to 60 yards sighted in, within an hour. That's impressive.

HHA Optimizer LT Elite

This sight is designed so that you can shoot your bow at 20 yards and again at 60 yards and through a special piece of tape that comes with the sight find “Your Numberâ€. Your number corresponds to predefined pieces of tape that come with the sight. Find your numbered tape and attach to the sight. Each piece of tape has a range from 20 to 60 yards in 1 yard increments. So after this short exercise, your bow is sighted in for every yard from 20 to 60 and the best part about that, it WORKS… So as I stated, in about an hour you can have this sight setup, sighted in, and ready for hunting, 3D, backyard shooting, whatever the case may be.

CONS

Cons of the sight, and there are a few, as with anything.

The biggest issue, and it may not be an issue for some is weight. The Optimizer LT Elite has a lot of moving parts and is made of high quality materials, so it's on the heavy side at 11 ounces.

I’m not sure you can count this as a con, since this is what this type of sight is designed to do, but a 1 pin movable sight means just that. Before each shot it must be adjusted for the desired shot distance. With today's range finders, this can be a great thing as there is no guessing which pin to use, how high to hold, or anything. However, when the shot changes after you come to full draw (Buck catches movement and jumps back 15 yards and stops) you will no longer have the correct yardage on your sight and you’ll need to let the bow down and adjust the sight before an ethical shot can be taken. This may not always be a problem, and may never be a problem. But it could be a problem, just something to think about.

One last con would be price, in today's archery world $100 sights are almost commonplace but this sight gets to the high-end of pricing with a retail of $169.99.

Overall I would say this is a great sight, very well built, and really makes shooting longer distances easy, has a bright pin for low light, and a single pin is a great benefit when buck fever sets in and you end up using the wrong pin and shooting over his back.

Good Luck this year!

I am also a fan of the HHA single pin sights. While some may consider it a negative that you have one pin set at one yardage when you draw, knowing and practicing with your bow will tell you if you need to let down or not.

TRhe same way none of us think twice about having a pin for less than 20yds, your bow may not need a pin for less than 25 or 30yds.

After checking it out on software and then practicing at the range, I know I can set my sight to 27yds and I am never more than 2" high or low out to 34yds. Thats a very large window to have without having to move that sight.

I for one have had a deer spook and I was using a 3 pin sight and made the mistake of still aiming too high because now I had to choose a different pin and I guessed that deer was farther away than I thought.

Yep, I'm another HHA fan here too. I am shooting a Montana Black Gold this year, mainly because I've had an HHA for a long time and just wanted to try something different. My next sight may be an HHA again.

Between HHA, Montana Black Gold, and Spot Hog, you can't go wrong, IMO. However, none of them are particularly inexpensive (some more than others). As far as bang for your buck, I think HHA is a great choice (I consider it as good as the other two, but at a lower price when comparing apples to apples).

I switched to HHA single pin sights 5-6 years ago and can't see myself shooting anything else. Scoot mentioned some great sights above and you can't go wrong with any of them imo. I'll throw out one more suggestion to look at at well. The TruGlu MicroBrite 3 pin version. Has a .029 top pin, .019 in the middle, & .010 for the the third pin. Less clutter at longer distances, bright fiber optic and well within your price range. Good luck with the search!

I dont know a lot about the different sights, but my buddy has one like this that I think is a G5? Anyway, its got a pin set at 20 and then the second pin moves on the dial out to 70+ or whatever. That seems nice to me because like youre saying, if the deer moves and youre at full draw, you still have the 20yd stationary pin as a reference.

I switched to the HHA single pin a couple of years ago and love it.

Another plus is their customer service.

Their products carry a lifetime no questions asked warranty.

I put this to the test aftyer an act of stupidity.

I sheared off one of the set screws. I gave them a call to see if it could be repaired and without question was told to send it in and they would either repair it or send me a new one. I had it back a week later good as new.

I don't mind spending a little extra money on the front end knowing it could very well be the last sight I need to buy.

I dont know a lot about the different sights, but my buddy has one like this that I think is a G5?

I've heard lots of bad things about the G5 sights. I know a couple guys who had them and they had nothing but problems. When they searched their sights on the internet, they found lots and lots of others who were having issues.

The only real negative I know of with the HHA sites is rusting. They are notorious for collecting a little rust. It's not a big deal and can be cleaned up pretty easily, but just a heads up about that.