• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

new tiny rapalas

live4chrome

I haven't tried them out yet but they look like they would put the hurt on some trout and be awsome for some big crappies. The small shadrap will be nice for working shallow weedlines for walleyes.

I have been experimenting with micro baits for the past couple seasons using the baby thundersticks, cotten cordell micro crank, and micro lipless crank by cotten cordell and they have produced some large panfish and even got some finicky walleyes to bite them. The downside to these small baits is that pike will bite you off in a heartbeat so 6 bucks a pop is a bit hard for me to swallow wink

Tunrevir~

Quote:
The downside to these small baits is that pike will bite you off in a heartbeat so 6 bucks a pop is a bit hard for me to swallow

And there are so many other things that work as well, if not better, that are cheaper. In a year they will come out with a newer and better one for a dollar more and discontinue the one from last year that is 2 dollars less.

While I'm at it, dose anyone else feel like there watching infomercials when they are watching Sunday morning fishing shows??? (pure fishing)

I used the new number 4 ultra light minnow while fishing trout this past weekend. They have a nice heft to them for casting, and I caught a few fish on them.

I think those little shad raps (4 size) are going to be killer on the river smallmouth this summer.

I am also looking forward to putting one of those on my river lead core rig.

All I know is the small flicker shads are deadly for trolling shallows behind boards. These Rapalas will do the same but be $3 more. I remember when I got 50 Flicker Shads at $2.50 a piece. Now they have gone up but still not as big a rip off as the Rapala lures.

I hear you Northlander, that is one of the reasons I have been working the baby t sticks and I got a ton of the cordell stuff on close out at about a 1.99 a pop. I do like the little flicker shad as well and they work really well on the shallow flats like you said.

Tunrevir~