• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best way to deep fry?

Been looking at getting a deep fryer for quite awhile now... an electric model for inside the house. Really had my mind made up for a Waring deep fryer until I started reading reviews online. Most of the comments were the fryer had an issue with bringing the temp back up after the food was put in. Lot of comments said I'll take my cast iron dutch oven as a deep fryer over anything else. Just curious if anyone deep fries like this, in a cast iron dutch oven?

Sure do. Thats the best way to deep fry anything IMO. Being that cast iron is so dense it retains the heat much better thus resulting in not as much heat loss after putting food in. Plus if its seasoned real good its virually nonstick and cast iron lasts FOREVER. I have a deep cast iron skillet that I got from my grandma that, according to her, she bought in the late '40s and its still in great shape.

cast iron for me also. i still have a whole cast iron set given to me some time ago as a gift, still new in the wooden box it came in. seems like my old ones will outlast me and hate to make the switch. good luck.

I was just in the garage last night fryng chicken with my coleman propane stove and a 5 quart chicken fryer cast iron pan. I keep that chicken fryer pan in my camping cook box, no it isn't light, but I wouldn't trade it for any electric fryer.

I was just in the garage last night fryng chicken with my coleman propane stove and a 5 quart chicken fryer cast iron pan. I keep that chicken fryer pan in my camping cook box, no it isn't light, but I wouldn't trade it for any electric fryer.

Picks You got that right I have one that I bought at a flee market many years ago and its the grestest way to do fried chicken IMO you can't beat the cooking power of cast iron specially a deep fryer

Frying Saucers are the ticket. You hardly need any oil and as soon as you pull one batch out she's ready to go with the next.

I have one of these at the lake and love it. Just use it for bigger fish frys though, not sure I'd use it at home enough to warrant it.