• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spring limit Crappies

Wow this forum is telling us zilch, zero, nada, goose egg. People go to the trouble of logging on and then tell you nuttin'-

Water temp., depth, bait, give a caucasian something!

If you are catching something say something, nobody is asking for coordinates.

th64,there's nothing in the the forum rules saying i have to give info out, i just like to show my catch and be done with it,every lake is diffrent,so giving the water temp,fow, or what bait or jig i was using doesnt matter.Your either catching them or your not,you either know how to find them or you dont,but if you need some info here you go,3 to 5 fow, water temp was 49 degrees, was using crappie minnow with a tru glo white flu flu, with a slow retrive,they were in the pockets in between the cabbage.Sorry guys for the un natural way of the limit of crappies pic i took.

Never said you broke a rule-thanks for the info-you learn stuff and you get better at your sport-isnt that what the site is for? Or where you born knowing that in early spring the best thing to use is a tru-glow white flu flu?

i dont think anyone should have to say what lake they fish or river. it is however nice to share information on depth,tactics, and baits used. there are some anglers new at fishing in general and there are others willing to always learn new things. honest information is always welcome. good luck.

I bet there would be none of this nonsense if that picture wasn't taken down(Which I still don't understand It was just AndersonOutdoors with a limit of nice fish next to a tree! Anyways, thanks for the Post AndersonOutdoors!

I bet there would be none of this nonsense if that picture wasn't taken down(Which I still don't understand It was just AndersonOutdoors with a limit of nice fish next to a tree! Anyways, thanks for the Post AndersonOutdoors!

This is directly from the forum policy everyone agrees to before they are a registered member.

You agree to use the following guideline with respect to fish pictures: We're looking for fish pictures in good taste that encourage selective harvest principles, so the fish picture rule is as follows: Fish pictures must at least appear to be in a natural setting where the fish was caught. They must not look frozen, stiff, bloodied or like they were just poured out of a bucket. No pictures with alcohol beverage containers, cigarettes, stringers or fish in a bucket are allowed. Pictures of fish mounts, fish inside a fish house and live-release tournament pictures are OK as well. No other dead fish pictures are allowed.

I thought that it was a nice limit of crappies. Only thing, I would have had them fileted out before taking their picture. I love seeing all the pictures of fish and deer but you'll never see mine, unless someone else shows them. I used to get limits like that before they put experimental slots on the lake. Just a fact, didn't filet one crappie last year. Didn't fish as much as usual but they went somewhere.

Here is an example. I went through my computer and found the only limit pic i have ever posted. Even though the fish are starting to get glossy eyed and that slimy look, I arranged them on the dock, made sure some water was in the background, and took it from a distance as not to show how dead they really were. It is just a lot easier to simply take a quick pic right after you catch it, the fish is alive, in the natural setting where you caught it, and will not violate any forum policy wink

full-27018-11415-2011_08_23_10_42_31_289

The minnow bucket is the best thing for the kids. An extra scoop of minnows, and a couple of buckets and my kids were happy with playing with the minnows. Make it fun for them or they won't want to be with you. I remember once catching crappies out of the back of the pontoon, while my kids were swimming at the front. Crappie fishing is fun all year.

This is directly from the forum policy everyone agrees to before they are a registered member.

You agree to use the following guideline with respect to fish pictures: We're looking for fish pictures in good taste that encourage selective harvest principles, so the fish picture rule is as follows: Fish pictures must at least appear to be in a natural setting where the fish was caught. They must not look frozen, stiff, bloodied or like they were just poured out of a bucket. No pictures with alcohol beverage containers, cigarettes, stringers or fish in a bucket are allowed. Pictures of fish mounts, fish inside a fish house and live-release tournament pictures are OK as well. No other dead fish pictures are allowed.

Rules are rules. From hereforward, I expect every fish picture to be taken underwater, in their natural environment where they were caught. No exceptions.