• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Metro rifle range

A co-worker just purchased a new Ruger .204 and wants to shoot the thing more than 50 yards. Is there a good rifle range, or gun club or whatever where he can shoot this at 100 or 200 yards?

I’ve never heard this, but he went to one place (I forget where he told me) and they wouldn’t allow him to shoot that gun because of the muzzle velocity.

What part of the metro are we talking about DT? I like Caribou Hunt Club in Le Seuer, but there is a list of all the rifle ranges on the DNR HSOforum.

I am assuming that your friend was trying to shoot that rifle at an indoor range. All public ranges I have been to have had earthen berms as a backstop and I don't see them not allowing a .204 to be shot at a dirt mound....

I had the same question earlier this winter and found the Hudson Rod, Gun, and Archery Club in Hudson, Wi (30min east of the metro). They were great! Winter range hours are Saturday and Sunday from 10:00am - 4:00pm. They have a nice range that you can shoot out to 100yrds on. I forget exactly what they charged as a non-member to use it but it wasn't more than $10-$15 per shooter.

I'm with you on the West Metro! I just picked up a AR and I would love to try it out.

Not sure if Bills lets you shoot these or not but I would rather not go there because of things I've heard about service.

I live near Buffalo and I need to contact some places out this way to see if they are open.

I'm with you on the West Metro! I just picked up a AR and I would love to try it out.

Not sure if Bills lets you shoot these or not but I would rather not go there because of things I've heard about service.

I live near Buffalo and I need to contact some places out this way to see if they are open.

St Cloud has one of the nicest ranges in the state. Not that bad of a drive from Buffalo. When I lived in Montrose I would drive out there quite often to shoot.

like Zamboni said Del Tone in St cloud is really nice. I have shot there before. last I new you could get a year membership for like $125.00 this gave you use of all the ranges (rifle & hand gun ranges) during daylight hours. another option would be the monticello rod and gun club. the only draw back to them is the range is only like 80 yards. better for hand guns but limited in range for rifles. the place close to you and me also is the Monticello Sportsmans club. very nice place but last I knew there is a waiting list for memberships plus It is pricey if you do get a chance at one.

Dtro,

a possible range in your area would be Ahlmens in Morristown.

Minnesnowtawild,

your in Long Lake right. if so may be check out the Delano Sportsmans Club. I've never been there but have drove past it.

Thanks for the info Brad!

Are these places really busy?

Del Tone can get busy at times. Monticello rod and gun club seems to be the least busiest (except wednesday night is trap league out there and the rest of the range is shut down for safety reason). the Monticello Sportsman club has trap leagues on wednesdays and thursday but because of the lay out of the ranges I believe the rifle and handgun ranges can be used on trap nights but like I said you need to be a member.