• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

All day sits

When do you all start to sit in the stand all day while archery hunting? Is it based on the calendar, sign, weather, etc? Let's hear your opinions...

Bow never. Rifle yes, because theres tons of guys chasing Deer around all day then. Plus it's a good time to get out in the boat for a few hours in the middle of the day then! wink

I do some mid day hunts now if the weather cooperates a tad, cooler temps, light winds and cloudy skies, but that ain't happening currently.

All day'ers for me start when I start to see some rutting activity, could be as early as mid October on.

Like someone stated earlier normally around the 25th of October.

I start looking for the opportunity for an all day sit as the last week of October approaches, depending on weather. Sitting all day is not for the timid. It's getting harder for me as I get older and the body doesn't take so well to it. I actually don't do it to be in the stand all day, I do it more so as not to disrupt the hunting spot by leaving/entering.

I agree with Jumbo... halloween day is usually a great day!