• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How many state parks have you been to?

Well let's see

Grand Portage State Park - visit

Judge Magney - camped

Cascade - visited

Temperance - camped

Tettegouche - fished/skied/visited

Split Rock - visited

Gooseberry - camped

Jay Cooke - camped

Zippel Bay - camped

McCarthy Beach - camped

Bear Head - visited(had reservations this year but the state shutdown messed that up)

Scenic State Park - visited

So far that is it. But more to come

Banning - Visit

Bear Head Lake-camped 2x

Camden-camped

Cascade River-camped

Forestville/Mystery Cave-camped and cave tour

Glacial Lakes-camped

Gooseberry Falls-multiple day visits

Grand Portage-visit

Great River Bluffs-camped

Jay Cooke-camped 2x

Minneopa-camped 3x

Nerstrand Big Woods-visit

St. Croix-visit

Schoolcraft-camped

Soudan Underground Mine-tour

Splitrock Lighthouse-camped multiple times and many visits

Temperance River-multiple visits

Tettegouche--visits

Whitewater-camped a couple times

William O'brien-camped

I guess 20. There may be more, I just used the list rather than the map. The only one I wouldn't visit again is Great Bluffs. The one I want to visit most is Scenic. I suppose I need to see Itasca, but I could care less because of the huge popularity. The same reason I've never camped at Gooseberry or the other north shore parks. I like Split Rock because they are cart in.

I didn't think I had been to all that many until I wrote them down on a list.

I've camped at:

Afton

Lake Carlos

Itasca

Tettegouche

Whitewater

I've visited:

Camden

Charles Lindbergh

Crow Wing

Fort Snelling

Gooseberry

Grand Portage

Jay Cooke

Lake Shetek

Mille Lacs Kathio

Savanna Portage

Split Rock

Temperance

I typically don't like camping at State Parks too much unless they have some sort of walk-in or back country type campsites. I don't like how the campgrounds have you on top of each other packed in with RVs and travel trailers. I do really like Tettegouche's cart-in sites though, probably one of the best organized campgrounds I've ever camped at. I would really like to camp at Bear Head from what I've heard about it. The problem is if I'm going to drive all the way up to Ely to camp, I'm probably just going to go to the BWCA instead smile

We finished up the complete tour of all the State parks with our girls a few years ago. Lots of miles on the van and pick-up. We joined the passport club, camped, picnicked, or hiked in all of the state parks and recreation areas across this fine state. We tried to plan out trips around some of the oddities that MN has to offer, like the twine ball, and those giant statues that dot the landscape of small town MN. Now we're focusing on some of our favorites, and exploring other camping areas that MN has to offer. The camper has become our hotel away from home from March to October. Hope you get the chance to visit all corners of the state like we did, there a many things you'd never expect to see in the Land of 10,000 lakes. Get out there and explore. wink

Wish there was a like button on here. Crappiesncats post is my way of thinking. Gotta start over now that you have the little one camping with you. I also like Piedmonts thoughts on finding things to do in smalltown Minnesota.

piedmont that's freakin awesome.

when i was moving up here i was dirt poor and stayed at Swan Lake near Faribault for a few days while looking for an apartment.

*where i've camped

*swan lake

ft. snelling

afton

lake maria

minnesota valley

*minneopa

st. croix

wild river

*interstate

*william o'brien

whitewater

*forestville

gooseberry

split rock

temperance

cascade

tettegouche

*george crosby

grand portage

I need to explore the west and northwest.

not sure if i have a favorite one. but i do have a favorite place. it's on top of day hill at split rock lighthouse.

have not camped yet, really HOPING to start that this year with kids

but have visited:

Gooseberry Falls

Temperance River

William Obrian

Cascade

Fort Snelling

Split Rock

my boys have asked me several times "when r we going back to Duluth?" since our trip last summer, makes me smile every time i hear it. Their favorties would definitely be the shallow pools @ gooseberry falls or rocky beach landing at split rock

our state parks are definetely one of the highlights of our state