• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

broken bow!!

Abndoc

Was just out shooting, and heard my bow making a weird noise, just put a rip-cord drop away rest on it, so I thought maybe something was loose. Upon further inspection, on my bottom limb, from the cam to the riser the limb is split in two, the slapping sound was the limbing slapping itself. 4 weeks before the season starts...and this happens!!

I had a similar thing happen to me although it was not this close to the season, I would directly contact the manufacturer. The last think they want is a dissatisfied customer, cause one dissatisfied customer typically lets others know. They should repair and or fix it

Kettle

Had a Browning bow do nearly the same thing on me years ago. Laminated wood limbs pulled apart while I was at full draw. Ticked me off at the time, but in hindsight, I was glad to have my arm, hand and fingers in tact...could've been ugly. And yes, I used it as a good excuse to upgrade grin

Emailed bowtech last night, will wait for a response...good note I found a site with limbs for $100 bucks, so that's not to bad. My wife is out of town all weekend, she called last night, asked me what was wrong, She told me do what you have to do...I'm taking that as a green light!! grin Will wait to hear from the company. Then order new limbs or start shooting and feeling out what my next bow will be!!

The recall was on the 08 Generals with 60 to 70# limbs. Mine was a 06 allegiance the lamination on the bottom limb was separating. With bringing it to a factory dealer all the work done will still keep it under warranty and they will be able to get the parts for you, I think it cost me the shipping for the new limbs because I had them red eyed in it was 5 days before bow opener.

Went to A1 today, recieved a call from John about 5pm...bowtech quit making and doesnt have any limbs for the 101st. He said he did everything he could, even asked them to send me a new bow. Well I found a set online for 95 bucks, brand new in original bow and paperwork, hopefully I won't get burned, should have them by Friday.

I have never been in A1 before or know any of those guys, but I will definitly be going back there. For the little bit I have dealt with them so far...class act all the way. Called me right away, let me know what the deal was. If this doesnt work, or even if it does, I will be buying my next bow there!! Thanks for recommending them!

So why wouldn't you get a new bow out of them if they don't have any limbs. Bowtech is a lifetime warranty I guess I would be e-mailing the company and savage arms which owns them and start asking questions. If I comes back the same answer let us know because I will also contact them and let them know I'll find different bows to shoot. I own 2 bowtechs and 3 diamonds also have been recommending them for years and if they won't stand behind their product I don't think any of us should shoot them.

I'm guessing its because I'm not the original owner that they won't back it. I really love that bow, and like the other ones I've shot. I did email the company on Sun, havent heard anything back. I will let you know if I hear anything from them. The only thing that I don't like, whether I'm the original owner or not is the bow is only 3 years old and I can't get the parts from the company? oh well life goes on, will be back at this weekend getting all fine tuned for our upcoming season!!