• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best hockey fights

cbrooks

Looking at all the Boogard's tributes on the ice... I came across some dandy fights from other players. I know some of you guys don't feel the need for fighting in the game but I know some will appreciate these videos.

Stu Grimson always puts on a good show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XenYa0hwqQ&feature=player_detailpage

Nice. Rodents and Sioux also had a couple good ones. Was at the game when one of the Hankinsons was fighting at center ice and his old man was duking it out in the stands.

Dino Ciccarelli at Chicago. Think his pants were the only thing he kept on.

Stars at Bruins. Maybe a couple of times. Huge brawl during warm ups. Bobby Smith dropping gloves on opening face off was at the time most penalized game. That may have been same game.

Those ones sound like some winners. I'll see if I can find a video and post it.

Bryce you have to give some details on Hankinsons old man throwing down in the stands. I want the goods on that grin

Yes. I remember those two teams going at each other around 97-98. When you have goaltenders fighting it doesn't get any better cool.

Here's a continuation from that brawl. You see Darren McCarty(Rewing player #25) just beating on Clyde(Avs player #22). Clyde is known as a cheap shot player who doesn't fight ever and Darren McCarty is a enforcer. Watch this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AmVuCH2ag0A

Man, wish I had time to look up the greats I remember. Good ones so far. Hockey without enforcement would probably be like watching soccer. Wiilie Plett is another name with some good bouts.

Loved this bench clearer. Goalies going at it with all that padding is classic. Sabres vs Sens in '07. Didn't look through all the other ones, so apologize if this is a repost:

I remember those Av/Wings matchups from the mid-90's. They were great! Didn't one of their games have the most penalty minutes of all time? Not sure if that has been broken or not, but I think there was more fighting than playing!

Wasn't there one game where they started fighting as soon as they dropped the puck at the beginning of the game?

Those were great games to watch. Was it '98 the year that they had the bench clearing brawl and Roy fought the Wings goalie (drawing a blank on his name).

Those were the days there were 4 games a night between ESPN and ESPN2.

LMITOUT - Thanks for posting that. Brought me back to the good old days.

Lemieux's hit on Draper was just viscous, but even the goalies stood up for their team mates back then. Roy-Vernon was the Fight I was thinking of BTW.

With ya Bear, if he wouldn't have turtled against Cam Neely that may have been a career ender for Claude. Claude sorta reminds me of Essa Tikkinen. Kinda see Alexander Burrows sorta fitting that bill and what's the skinny on why Burrows hates MN wild's Pierre Marc Bouchard ? They are both from the Quebec area, I think it's Burrows 1 other guy I'm trying to think of, anyway, here's some names for you boys, Dave Semenko,Dave Brown,Jay Miller,Willi Plett,Chris "Knuckles" Nilan,Joey Kocur,lol Bruce Shoebottom lol,Wendell Clark,former North Star Scary Larry Depalma,Link Gaetz,Craig Coxe,Ray,May,Barnaby,Torii Robertson,Kevin McClelland,Darren Langdon,Mike Peluso,Ken Daneyko, Iused to go the Hotel that visiting teams stayed at the indian chief 1 and get lots of these dudes autographs. There are many more and those hockey games were crazy at times.