• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

COD MW3 Discussion

CJH

Yes it confirms the lag, yes it confirms you stabbed but it didn't show you stabbing on the kill cam, or that you were shooting and had half a clip into them before they turned around and shot you.

So it really isn't accurate or in your case and point of view it is accurate showing they have the edge on you. Guess it depends how you look at it.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two Words...

Akimbo MP9. Yes the machine pistols jump up and down, the MP9 isn't bad. Get akimbo mp9's and have some fun. I know you play the game a lot like me Scott. You will do well with akimbo mp9's. The only problem is you run out of ammo way to fast.

Enjoy I know you will like Akimbo MP9s

I was actually going for the G18s last night, then I gave up. Sitting at level 78, Ill loose it all in a few levels anyways. I give that gun a try next time around though.

I guess what I was trying to say is that the kill cam shows you what happened from their pov and when they got the kill. Whats not accurate is the gameplay on your screen prior to the kill. Most likely you are milliseconds behind.

So far the most overpowered gun in the game seems to be the type 95. It's like the famas in MW2. I use rapid fire and a red dot scope and drop guys in their tracks. My K/D ratio has doubled since I started using it. I think the guys that have bad lag issues have really poor upload speeds. You can have a fast download connection, but if your response back to the server is poor then the other guys system got the kill back to the server before yours. I like speedtest dot net to check your download/upload and ping speed.

Thanks for posting that article Rushing. What he explained there has been the case of all multiplayer FPS games since inception, it’s just more prevalent on a larger scale now. Back in the day, most multiplayer games were within a controlled network (LAN). The only way back then to enjoy a great multiplayer match was to have LAN parties. Everyone would bring along their game systems and patch cord. While the lag compensation and hit detection was still there, you just didn’t notice it because the network was much more stable with hard wired connections.

That article also confirms that in the big scheme of things, we rank where we should amongst each other, it all averages out. We are not as good as the games we go 20-5 and not as bad as the games we go 5-20.

Silly as it may seem, this might actually HELP the game in replayability. It teases us with seemed perfection and then rubs our face in the dirt. Kind of like playing golf. All it takes is hitting one sweet 300yrd drive down the fairway and it can ruin a good man’s life trying to do it again. Instead of throwing clubs and we throw controllers.

Good article. Lag compensation UGGHH!

I've been saying that for a year now, but we still got people here saying no, no, no...it's open NAT this, and router that, check your IP, blah blah blah. Whatever.

As I said back then between the mindless and pointless "how-to" posts on modifying your IP set-up, you don't go from MW2 to BFlops and all of a sudden it's your (and everyone else on the planet playing COD) internet connection that needs to be super-tweaked. It was pss-poor game development by Treyarch.

So am I, and if anyone cared to notice MW3 is much, much better than BFlops ever was with hit detection which further illustrates it had nothing to do with the way a person's console and internet connection is configured.

So am I, and if anyone cared to notice MW3 is much, much better than BFlops ever was with hit detection which further illustrates it had nothing to do with the way a person's console and internet connection is configured.

I strongly disagree! there isn't an improvement at all, and its connection related to boot!

Last night I was playing and I shot a guy three times mid center chest with a sniper rifle.

on the kill cam when he killed me. my shots were all high and to the left. Although this doesn't confirm as the kill cam MIGHT not be right BUT.

It is still garbage! MW2 was seemingly the best and I think it required less use of a connection.. If you have a super connection you are going to have a super game......

I thought watching the kill cam didn't mean anything? wink

MW3 isn't perfect by any means but it's far superior to BFlops. A "super" connection doesn't mean much if they are altering the game play via mechanisms such as "lag compensation"...your game is getting time shifted to compensate for those with worse connections and that "super" connection ends up being all for naught.

The only thing I don't like about MW3 are the maps. Feel like a mouse in a maze.

Other than that, it's night and day compared to BFlops because the game play is that much better and SMOOTHER. Is it 100% perfect? Of course not, but it sure is nice to be able to hold the trigger and actually go through the entire magazine without stuttering. crazy

The only thing I don't like about MW3 are the maps. Feel like a mouse in a maze.

I agree the maps leave a lot to be desired. It was everyone that whined about campers, so they dumb down the levels. Im trying to recall all the levels but from what I remember they are all pretty one dimensional, flat, not much for vertical play. A rat maze is a great comparison. They will get stale pretty quick.

As with anything. As the novelty wears off, and the honeymoon winds down were more apt to call it for what it is.

MW3 I feel is an improvement over BO.

MW2 I think will be an untouchable favorite for most of us forever.

I can't even come close to the kill streaks that I used to get and still get with the MW2 compared to the newer ones.

I still have fun playing though.

I thought watching the kill cam didn't mean anything? wink

MW3 isn't perfect by any means but it's far superior to BFlops. A "super" connection doesn't mean much if they are altering the game play via mechanisms such as "lag compensation"...your game is getting time shifted to compensate for those with worse connections and that "super" connection ends up being all for naught.

I know you love to put words in peoples mouths but don't put them in mine.....