• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

new arrows??

Im looking to buy some new arrows right now. i have gold tip, i think just the standard gold tip. i was wondering what kind of arrow i should buy, i just bought my bow from a friend a couple weeks ago, and saved enough money up to buy some arrows. what are yours guys thought on a good set of arrows for deer?

I swapped from a Carbon Express CX hunter to Goldtip Hunter 7595s. The GT Hunters have been around for a long time and people seem to like them. For the price of them, it's tough to beat. Plus, I had a bunch of Cablea's points, so I got two dozen without spending any "real money".

My total arrow weight was too light for my taste, so I put two 20 grain weights on the back of the knocks using goldtips weight system. It significantly increased my FOC, got me to the total weight I wanted (a tick over 450), and they fly like darts! I'm happy with them and I know, from friends' experience, that they'll do a good job in the field if I do my job.

I've been using Beman ICS Hunters for the last 3 years. Good arrow for a reasonable price. Seem very durable also. If you want to save even more money, buy Cabelas Stalker Extremes, they are built on the Beman ICS Hunter blank. They just don't have the Vibrake components. I've killed deer with both the last three years.

Easton/Beman, Carbon Express, Gold Tip, Victory - they all make fine shafts. If it's just hunting situations out to 30 yds, Powerflights, ICS Hunters/Bowhunters, Expedition series, or or V6's will work just fine. If target shooting or long-range shooting, try and find something with a .003 straightness tolerance or less. The most important thing is to make sure they're spined correctly for your setup and pay attention to the gpi. Some guys will buy cheap ones, cut some off the front and some off the rear and the straightness tolerance will often match those of higher grade shafts. I've shot Carbon Express Aramids for the past few years and they're no tougher than then the old CX's or Maxima's were. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them imo.

I shoot the Xt's and like them a lot. Just make sure you get the right spine for your setup. Its based on a formula so don't just buy the ones that match your bow poundage. Its not that simple. Any good bow shop can help you with that. Just for example I shoot 62lbs on my PSE Xforce, but my length of draw and the power cams on my bow means I need a stiffer arrow and use the 75/95's.

It's funny, a number of years ago I started using Carbon Express because they were inexpensive and a pretty good product. They bumped their prices about $10/year for several years in a row and I finally switched this year.