• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Possibly my favorite time of the year

I picked up the Canon T3i. I don't know much about lenses yet. Do you guys think it is safe to buy a lens off of HSO-Classifieds? Not sure of the best place to buy.

Jason

I've had excellent luck buying and selling used Canon gear on Photography on the Net. You have to become a member to see the for sale section, but it doesn't cost anything. Bought and sold thousands of $ in used Canon gear there without a single bad experience. Fred Miranda's site is another one with lots of used gear for sale. I avoid evilbay when buying camera gear. I'd buy off crag's list, but only if I was able to examine the lens and put it through its paces.

What type of photography are you looking at, and what is your budget? Those factors will determine what kind of lens folks will recommend.

Todd, hope you don't mind the off-topic. Sorry.

Not sure on the type of photography. Just getting into it. We will be spending quite a bit of time hunting /fishing. Would love to have something that reaches out a little further. I guess I would think a lens for less than $500. Not sure what some thing decent would cost. Maybe you guys have a suggestion for getting started.

Jason