• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Frozen four St Paul Apirl 9 & 11

cbrooks

Ok for those of use stuck at work I found some updates, sounds like a crazy first period UMD 3 ND 2 right now. From the sounds of things ND looks good 5 on 5 and the UMD goalie is a little shaky. Bulldogs again dangerous on the pp, 2 of their 3 goals with the man advantage.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2:39 left in the 2nd no change in scoring. ND going on the powerplay. ND 0/3 UMD 3/5 on the PP so far, strong PK for the bulldogs. Reiter was shaky cause he let in the first shot of the game and then got caught off guard on a dumped puck that bounced off the boards behind the net and had to scramble to get into position but got beat. dogs battled back shortly after each of ND's goals in the first period.

At the end of 2 UMD has settled down and is controling play. Power Play is textbook and the kill has been good enough to blank ND. Good game, I hope it stays this way and I have some hockey to watch on Saturday!

How many times did Melrose start to say North Dakota and correct himself to say Notre Dame? I stopped counting at eight. Darn, he must really be looking forward to that second game tonight. gringrin

Congrats to the Dogs. They did their part. Hoping the Sioux do theirs. Go Sioux!!!

Every time I watch the sioux I hate them more. They initiate, then take dives. I cant believe I am watching a sioux game where the refs are actually favoring them. That cant happen often.

Mich is better coached, working harder and plays position way better.

Should make for a good 2nd period.

Hackstol better do something. I wonder if they play systems or just rely on skill. Right now it just looks like outdoor hockey out of them.

Go Dogs.

Sioux looked a little better that period. Mich really struggles on the blue line moving the puck out of the d zone.

Mich looks a little like Denver at times. They get some good chances but they wiff.

At least they let them play that period.

Should be another good period.

Ill go easy on you guys, cause the Sioux were by far the best team in college hockey this year. And I dont want to hit ya while your down.

Im just glad the Genoway is not from MN. Hes small, gets tossed around, always gets the puck, always looses the puck. He is basically Ness's twin. maybe worse.

Sioux had all the chances in the world. Michigan just out systemed them and the goalie did his job. Mich was terrible getting the puck out of the d zone. the sioux should have found a way to score.

Hackstal needs to get a plan together for these games. They are good for a few minuted, but then just scatter and everyone just does whatever they want.

Im signing off, not my team, dont want to tick ya off.

Good game. Go Dogs.

I got so sick of watching the Sioux dump-and-chase I felt like vomiting. I don't think they strung three passes together even once tonight. I'll tell you, our two dogs ran for cover quite a few times in the last few hours because of all the shouting from my wife and me at the TV.

Congrats Dogs and Michigan fans. Michigan I was cheering for you all the way up to the buzzer but now I can't wait for that UMD power play and the big first line to torch you for 3-4 goals.

Michigan did what they had to do to win this game, and they might have been the only team in this tournament capable of beating the Sioux but they just aren't scary good like so many of the past Michigan teams we have seen. Come on UMD this is your chance, GO DOGS!

Honestly if it was UMD vs the Sioux I just don't see how UMD could win, the Sioux were to good this year. My condolences Sioux fans, I might hate you but you have to respect Sioux hockey.