• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
hugonian1

Scored A Surplus Tag

236E

Later than I have hunted in the past but still looking forward to it.

Went to one of the big sporting goods stores that isn't really known for hunting and I was the only one there for a tag at 5:00. Surprised me that there was no line.

Congrats, now you just got to wait till the end of may but thats when I got my bird last year. Sometimes it's fun when they get really smart and you can still put a tag on one.

Actually E season is the first week of May. We have had pretty good luck hunting that season year in and year out. Good luck to you.

Pulled a tag for the first week of May E. This always a great time to hunt. Only had a few tags left yesterday. Was the first in line at ACE hardware think only 4 people in line.

Season E is a great season to hunt as gobblers are usually hitting the second gobbling peak and hens are starting to lay. So don't eave too early as mid morning is the time to score.

Yep, if you've only got a few hours to hunt I would probably go sit from 9-11. Soon as those hens start sneaking off to nest, those toms will start roaming.

I picked up my surplus tag for E as well. 2nd year in a row.

I have only hunted H season. had birds moving all times, just sat and waited to hear or saw them , then made my move on them . worked the last two years.

Got mine last night for 236E as well. I've got quite a few spots to hunt so I'm not to worried about finding some birds. Never seems to matter which season we hunt, only thing that really can mess it up is the weather and I can't do anything about that. My son Mitch will be hunting the youth hunt in WI the 9th of April then he and I will be hunting April 20-24. Then the wife will have her shot the 27th through May 1st. So hopefully we'll be able to put a few on the ground.

Rob

I'm in for 236e as well. Looking foreward to getting out.

Tunrevir~

i'll see you out there! smile

Lots of 236E's out there. I will be out for morning hunts and maybe after work. Hope it only takes one morning.

What fun would that be? You only get 5 days, might as well use them! I prefer to punch my tag on the afternoon of the 5th day. grin

What fun would that be? You only get 5 days, might as well use them! I prefer to punch my tag on the afternoon of the 5th day. grin

Yeah I would like a few more days but I'm all booked. I'm elk hunting and doing a NE deer hunt this year added into all my turkey time. I'm still getting out which I like being in the woods for them morning fly down.Last year I punched my tag the last day in the last hour of the hunt.