• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Scored A Surplus Tag

hugonian1

236E

Later than I have hunted in the past but still looking forward to it.

Went to one of the big sporting goods stores that isn't really known for hunting and I was the only one there for a tag at 5:00. Surprised me that there was no line.

Season E is a great season to hunt as gobblers are usually hitting the second gobbling peak and hens are starting to lay. So don't eave too early as mid morning is the time to score.

Got mine last night for 236E as well. I've got quite a few spots to hunt so I'm not to worried about finding some birds. Never seems to matter which season we hunt, only thing that really can mess it up is the weather and I can't do anything about that. My son Mitch will be hunting the youth hunt in WI the 9th of April then he and I will be hunting April 20-24. Then the wife will have her shot the 27th through May 1st. So hopefully we'll be able to put a few on the ground.

Rob

What fun would that be? You only get 5 days, might as well use them! I prefer to punch my tag on the afternoon of the 5th day. grin

Yeah I would like a few more days but I'm all booked. I'm elk hunting and doing a NE deer hunt this year added into all my turkey time. I'm still getting out which I like being in the woods for them morning fly down.Last year I punched my tag the last day in the last hour of the hunt.