• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Share good music

PartyWhine

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might I suggest at this time that if ANYONE, even in jest, were to post the viral Rebecca Black song "Friday" anywhere on this site that he or she would be immediately and permanently banned forever. A co-worker e-mailed this garbage to me. The song makes Hanson's MMMMMMBOP sound like Bethoven. I would sooner puncture my own eardrums with a 16p nail than listen to this ever again!

what about Colbert and Fallon's version with the Roots? lol they made it pretty epic

Close to 7000 views and 260 submissions ..... in a month.

very cool.

Jerry Lee Lewis, Keith Richards and Mick Fleetwood on TV in 1983.

"Whole Lotta Shakin'"

The Killer breaks his chair before its over.

LOL you have a some Pros in this thread PW that can keep bringing music forward for months and months with no emotion or directive except for the music. laugh Rushing and Gordie have experience at this. wink

LOL D30. Weird is only weird to those who find it weird. Based upon my presupposition of the general publics "idea" of weird, these would rank up their I guess but IMO are good tunes. grin

Oingo Boingo was featured in Back to School and in Weird Science just to name a few and have wrote more Movie intro and exit audio tracks than you would believe and are still at it today. This one used to disturb my mother when she happen to be around when the VHS tape was playing of Oingo Boingo videos:

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Devo was so beyond their time they say, but made some interesting story lines to go with their music then videos:

My number one Pick would be Frank Zappa's Mothers of Invention. This is one that will creep up unsuspectingly with a crowd of party goers if selected or just play listed during a gathering or party. When it peaks people will start to complain or have been known to even leave. grin Usually around the 2:00 minute mark. wink

Help I am a Rock:

Yet all of these groups were Iconic music figures and helped shape some for of modern music of today (or maybe blame them).

Are we not men...LOL!!!!! Thats getting old now!

But like I said, its getting crazy out there. This guy looks like an old school buddy of mine...well he didn't look just like this..

wow...those are some great old school tracks guys....this thread is so good.

here are a few more from one of the best country rocker/folkers you've never heard of...Hayes Carll

the first song is called KMAG YOYO. translation= kiss my [PoorWordUsage] guys your on your own.

I did NOT make the hayes Carl show unfortunately....pretty bummed out about it. Here is another song written by Ray Wiley Hubbard, and made "famous" by someone else...Jerry Jeff Walker---REDNECK MOTHER!

I didn't make the show either but quite a few friends of mine did. As usual, it was excellent. Some many quality bands coming out of the Texas/Red Dirt scene its unreal. My new fav is the Turnpike Troubadours. Jason Boland and the Stragglers rank high as well. They are in MN on 6/3 I see. Jerry Jeff Walker leads to his kid Django. Here is Texas on my Mind that Pat Green covered.

LOL you have a some Pros in this thread PW that can keep bringing music forward for months and months with no emotion or directive except for the music. laugh Rushing and Gordie have experience at this. wink

LOL D30. Weird is only weird to those who find it weird. Based upon my presupposition of the general publics "idea" of weird, these would rank up their I guess but IMO are good tunes. grin

Oingo Boingo was featured in Back to School and in Weird Science just to name a few and have wrote more Movie intro and exit audio tracks than you would believe and are still at it today. This one used to disturb my mother when she happen to be around when the VHS tape was playing of Oingo Boingo videos:

">

delcecchi LOL I just used the month back "Who Needs the Piece Corps" from We're on in it for the Money in a thread about Real Hippies still being around in newer generations. That song describes the phony hippie who flocked to San Fan in 67-68. "I'll buy a wig and live with the Bands, because the bands all live together". grin

Frank throws down with a killer solo in his movie I own but forget the name at the moment. Muffin Man is the song:

I always like April Wine:

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Joe Walsh. The Outdoor Discussion Forum's Theme Song:

We will get the rock out of the way with Motor Head. A band I have come to appreciate more now than back then. Still only a couple songs though:

Round her down with Elvis signing a Berry song:

Chuck Berry singing Johnny Be Good with John Lennon and of course Yoko was in the mix:

I will be listening to Satellite Radio the rest of the weekend to bring more forward.