• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Charlie Sheen

tacklejunkie

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a setup, IMHO. More TV shows, more paid-for appearances, and more book deals are coming down the road for him. Way more than when he was a "nice guy" minding his own business. As sad as this whole story is, it is refreshing to see someone actually own up to their actions instead of giving a canned apology during a press conference, written by some PR agent whose sole purpose is to spin it. That being said, I do feel sorry for his kids, as they will no doubt be given the same stigma that is given to him.

Clean living does not make it in Silly-wood anymore. One has to stand apart from the rest, in any way they can. "Going Viral" is too effective to go away, with the vast majority of TV and Internet watching Americans getting suckered in, and the resulting Nielson ratings backing it up. Call it the "Real World" effect, as I think that show was the turning point for a lot of resulting garbage TV to be taped and aired. But, if it wasn't the "Real World," it would have been something else. The ad-watching, money-spending viewing audience was demanding it and networks just give it to them. And they will continue to do so every fall because, simply put: It Works.

This guy has had issues from day 1. I watched a program last night about him and all the Dr's agree he has hypomania or some for of bi-polar disorder and has had it for along time. The drugs just make it worse. If he doesn't get help one of his next videos will be of him dying.

The 20/20 interview was sad to watch. He's(20/20's) in denial and borderline delusional. If he's (20/20's) off drugs now, I'd hate to think what he's (20/20's) like when he's (20/20's) coked up.

Funny, I have been saying this about 20/20 for years. 20/20 is not what it used to be and I hope it gets the help it needs.

Charlie Sheen? Considered a Hollywood child actor I guess with his roll in the 1974 film "The Execution of Private Slovik", actually, I would say Charlie is normal, if not above normal with just being alive still. I figure this is what he had wanted (at the time) and wants now, so, as if it meant anything, I wish him best as a fellow human with what ever path he chooses to travel. smile

Speaking of his tv show, i've watched it religiously for the past year and had recorded all fo the previous shows from years past. I thought the shows were better in the earlier years and the last season didn't seem to get a lot of effort out of him. With his domestic incident last year and the drug stuff this year the seasons were cut short and as a viewer it kinda torqued me that you dont get to see any new episodes. i'm not sayin' that i'm having withdrawls like i had for 24 (yea I miss Jack frown ) but the show was funny and has a certain type of humor to it that you dont find in other shows.

Bottom line, I like the show, but dont really give a rip for the Sheeener.