• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The New IFishPro Tip-Up - Check it out!

Wanted to let everyone know about a new style tip-up on the market.

•One tip-up can be used for all species

•Rods can be changed as desired - no need to re-spool

•Fight the fish with the drag-and-back reel features of your rod

•Prevents frozen or tangled line

•Great for fishing in very deep water

•Can be used indoors - sits securely over factory

Here is a link to there HSOforum: IFishPro.com

I been using the Ifishpro tipup quite abit this winter. It is great because you can use your favorite rod with it and not have to hand over hand the fish in. You can even jig your lure and not set off the tipup. Check them out and give one a try, I think you will find yourself using it more than you would think.

mw

used the ifishpro tip-up for the first time this past wkend.WOW this is pretty awesome!no line messes all over the ice.no fumbling around bunching up your gear when your done.it was nice not to hand-fight with the fish and be able to do battle with a rod & reel.i do believe my other tip-ups will be sitting at a garage sale come this spring.

I have used it a couple times now and like the design and concept extremly well. Just need the fish to bite to get more hang time in the usage side of IFishPro Tip-Up. grin

Tip-Ups have not been something I have been carrying for several years now with my gear. IFishPro is changing this because of the use of a fishing rod with setting the hook and landing.

You think everything has been thought up when it comes to ice fishing and then you come upon a product like IFishPro and realize there is potential in many aspects within our tools we use! Great Idea!

I have been fishing for years now and I have never seen such a brilliant design!! I absolutely love this item it is so simple and effective! I just recently bought this tip up and I have absolutely fallen in love with it. I now use it everywhere time I go out ice fishing! This product is a must use product if anyone tip up fishes! no mess, no tangles, no hassle at all and when I am scouting for fish it is so unbelievably fast to pack up and move to the next spot!

Nothing can be said but Awesome, finally some New Innovation to the ice fishing world,if you fish tip up's this is a must have,So simple no more hand over hand on that big fish,no more false flags. Such a simple design i can't belive it took this long for this idea to hit the market.I would look for this new Tip Up to snowball through the Ice Fishing world. Get yours now. ifishpro.com

Very little needs to be said, THIS IS THE GREATEST TIP-UP ON THE MARKET! It posesses everything to make fishing with tip-ups more fun than jigging. Ive had alot of time out on the ice with this product and it amazes me everytime i use it. You may have seen the blue arctic warrior tip up... Ha! it dosnt compare to the features included on the I-FISH PRO. If you like to tip up fish you need this!

I'll give you my experiences and prospective from using this product.

First concern was, because this is dependent on keeping the hole open is to work how well will it do.

My experiences there was to drill and clean out the hole then leave a small amount of snow of chips around the hole to seat the

IFish Pro Tip Up into that to make a seal. Do that right away before that snow freezes. That seemed to be best to get the base to insulate enough so that you get maximum time between when it needed to be cleaned out.

I found doing so was satisfactory even in well below freezing temps.

Note that you don't have to pull the tip up out, just poking the end of a ice scoop through he slot was enough.

My score is: This base has surpassed my standards so definitely PASSED that test.

User friendly:

This tip up was somewhat cumbersome at first to set the line, flag, and trigger. I Know that is because this was new to me.

I'm the kind of guy that does not like wasted motion or effort especially when its COLD out. It didn't take me long before I got a pattern down and can set this thing up quick. PASSED.

Trigger and sensitivity to pop a flag.

This is where I'm still testing as I haven't gone after sulking cold water eyes.

If your after Pike and Lake Trout this could be for you.

Crappies no, but no trip up is any good for crappies.

Result needs more testing for sensitivity but one could tweak the trigger by removing some of the notch to make it even more sensitive.

The trigger loop that is propitiatory to this tip up which is an added expense once you lose the two that are are provided with the tip up. Good news is they are NOT needed.

A simple larkshead knot from you line and around your finger then transferred to the trigger is all you need.

Wallah guys no LOOP.

Additional tweak. Add a clamp on bell to the flag. All tip ups should have this.

Benefits over a traditional tip up.

The most obvious is can can use a rod and reel.

When it comes to deep water Lake Trout or feisty Pike that benefit speaks for itself.

Thumbs up to this company for this contribution and imitativeness to ice fishing.

Once you get the hang of using it down, it is actually a very cool set and forget type fishing tool. Keeps the hole clean, adjusts to any size rod I have thrown at it, lets me know many yards away if a fish is on and allows me the privilege of fighting a fish to the surface with the rod combo I choose.

Frank hit some good points and it does take a couple uses to fully get how to work the iFishPro Tip-Up. I also figure and think back to when I used my first regular tip-up, there was some "getting to know" involved also. Hand a horizontal Polar to an ice angler who has never used one and watch. wink

full-18196-6561-dsc01223.jpg

full-18196-6562-ifishpro2.jpg

This might not be the exact way to run the loop and trigger, but it is what has been working for me:

full-18196-6563-ifishpro.jpg

Now grin mold a little flare out in the side, flip it upside down and you have a perfect ice scoop for clearing the hole prior to setting the iFishPro Tip-Up up.

full-36450-6625-lakewoodsfeb.282011006.j

full-36450-6626-lakewoodsfeb.282011012.j

full-36450-6627-lakewoodsfeb.282011001.j

Hey guys,

Last week was a great week to be useing the IFishPro after some big northern Pike on Lake of the Woods.

We were able to use a six foot rod to catch that montser, that goes to show you that any rod, reel combo works with this product. Makes it ten time more fun to handle fish like that!!

A solid 21 pounds she weighed.

Need to try it out before this ice ends!! Get yours today with HSO