• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bowtec Assasin

fishing4fun

I've been reading all the reviews on every web site I can find. It sounds like a nice bow. I'd like some more info before I buy. I have some friends that have purchased Mathews Z7's this past year and love them. The specs on the Assasin are very comprible to the Z7. And it's about $400 cheaper all set up. This my first new bow in 15 years. I just don't want to fall into the old phrase "you get what you pay for"!

Very nice bow,I took my son to get one tuesday evening he shot the assasin and a few others really liked the assasin.very quiet no hand shock pretty fast for that price range.pretty nice sight for a package deal also 4 small diameter pins and no red pins(that is relly nice).very impressed with the package. my oldest son bought a new destroyer 340 last fall and this is just as dead in your hand as the d340 is

I WOULD BUY THIS BOW IF I WAS LOOKING FOR A NEW BOW. Set at 62lbs 27" draw 398 grain arrows it shot 266 feet. very easy to shoot also with a 7" brace height

Mossy

Rookie here, never bow hunted, only a little shooting. Just wondering, and knowing the Assassin is higher priced than a PSE Stinger (2011 model), but wondering about the PSE Stinger, the Assassin, and the Gander TecHunter 2 Extreme compared side by side. The Techunter is on sale now for $399 for package, have found the PSE for about $500 all set up with case/broadheads/ready to hunt, or the Assassin package ready to hunt with for about $600.

I know it is whatever shoots best for you, but assuming all shoot well would the assassin (I know mainly opinions here) be worth the extra $$ for rookie? Thanks for advice.

BoxMN a few things to keep in mind when selecting a bow. Yes the higher price ones will boast more features and talk about how it can kill more critters than their competition. However, a bow that cost 299 can do the same job as a bow that cost 799, it just depends on the shooter. Don't get me wrong the more expensive ones will have somewhat higher end quality. But none the less it still comes back to the shooter.

When you look at getting a new bow it is important that you are comfortable with the bow. Keep in mind the areas you will hunt with it. Will you do a lot of tree stand hunting or spot and stalking. these are factors to consider to find a bow that fits you.

Aside from the bow itself ask about the local bow shops how it is to deal with company, how easy is it to work on that type of bow, customer service from that company, etc. Also, ask about durability of that particular bow and also scan the hunting forums online to see if you find any consistent substantial complaints about that particular bow. Treat this as if you are buying a car.

I made the mistake of not doing my homework on a bow and paid dearly for it. I had horrific experience with customer service and won't shoot that brand again. Maybe I was the exception rather than the rule for that company but in the end I ended up getting the short end of the stick.

Hope this helps.

I went out and picked a new 60# Assasin up last Sunday at a local archery shop. This is my first new bow in 15 years. Wow what a difference, I went from a Browning Excellartor III to this. I shot fingers and now shoot with a trigger. I've been shooting in my basement, about 12 yards. It's accurate, fast and quiet.

The only problem I'm having is the string has been hitting my arm. And it frickin hurts. How do I teach my self to keep my arm out. I've got a heck of a bruise/scratch now. I have been using an arm gaurd now. What am I doing wrong?

Other than this problem it's a great bow, but I think this is my problem not the bows.

it might be with your form on how you hold the bow. You went from shooting with fingers and to shooting with a release. I went to google and tried to look it up here are two sites that may help. There seems to be a ton of them out there. Take them with a grain of salt.

http://www.archery-tips.com/archerytips/archery-tips-how-to-stop-hitting-your-arm

http://www.thebuckbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168

If you try this becareful, it probably will mess with your form somewhat and your shots might go all over the place until you get used to the new form. The best thing may be go to your local bow shop or archery range and ask them. That would be the best place to start to get expert advice on it.

One area I would look at right away is draw length. When you got your new bow was their any adjustment in your draw length going from fingers to release? Just a question. Again a bow expert would better be able to answer this.

I am not an expert by any means but this is where I would start if I had that problem.

Those are my two cents and good luck.

Thanks guys,

My draw lenght is very easy to change on this bow. I do believe though that it is my form. I've been doing quite a bit of NET searching. And my grip is goofed up. My arm is turned into the bow. I believe this to be the problem but I could be wrong. Won't know until I shoot again.

I'm certainly no expert, just a hack, but try this with no bow in your hand. Extend your arm like holding a bow, then squeeze your fist tight like gripping your bow, holding perpendicular (level). Look at how far your faorearm muscle sticks out into your imaginary string path. Now keep your arm in the same position (extended) and open your hand, imagin cradling your bow in the pocket of your thumb and pointer finger as you get on site. Look at the rotation in of your forearm muscle, you pick up about aa 1/2 inch of clearance. I maybe tchniquly wrong but it works for this hack. It's at least a visual simple idea to maybe see a problem area.