• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

what does everybody use for

hunterjames

I bought the Pack Rack this year just to try rattling. It will fit in a big pocket if you have one but I usually hang the cord through my safety harness. I think its quite loud and easily manipulated to change your sound. The magnum is available but it is quite a bit bigger. I haven't rattled in a buck yet but I did try it on does and fawns in the yard to see how they reacted. They weren't scared of it, they just watched me intently and didn't run away.

I have both the large, and small rattle bags. The small one sounds much better, I only bought the large one because the small bag had a hole in it and I kept losing the dowels. After using the big one, I hated it, went back and sewed up the holes in the small bag. It is also more compact, fits in my pocket, gives great volume, and the deer don't seem to know the difference. I have used real antlers before, but I don't think there is much of a tradeoff in sound or volume. Not enough for the deer to know.

I use a rattle bag, easier to carry, quieter to carry in (mine has straps on it to keep it tight and quiet when not in use), and it still brings in deer, I rattled in a small buck on Friday. I have two sets of rattling horns, what I don't like about them is they are always banging on something, your bow, the stand, etc, they're awkward to carry, plus they're hard on your fingers if you're not very, very careful. If the rattle bags work, why NOT use them?

I've preferred real antlers to everything else out there. However, I bought a magnum rack pack this year and it sounds very good- I was really impressed with it. I much prefer the sound of the magnum version to the smaller size.

I normally don't rattle often but, I use a rattle bag more for the convenience in carrying them around. Mine too has the strap that wraps around the bag and keeps them quiet when not in use. It creates good volume and I have called in a few bucks using it.