• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Navionics lake map app for Droid

The apple Appstore wouldn't even let me download it unless I was eitehr connected to my PC or a Wifi network.

The biggest downside I can see is that my phone's battery sucks up extremely fast while using GPS. (Not sure about the rest of you guys) I'd be surprised if I got 2 hours of continuous use...probably closer to 1hr. At least that was my experience while Geocaching this spring.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest downside I can see is that my phone's battery sucks up extremely fast while using GPS. (Not sure about the rest of you guys) I'd be surprised if I got 2 hours of continuous use...probably closer to 1hr. At least that was my experience while Geocaching this spring.

I can see this being a bit of an issue, as you can't just pop in a couple fresh AA batteries when the juice runs out.

Whats with all the permissions? seems a little sketchy to be able to have access to "hardware controls= take pictures" and "services that cost you money= Directly call phone numbers" not sure if I'm okay with that...

Now it just says "Non riuscito a scaricare la configurazione" and gives me the options; Retry or quit. I actually had it working for a while but it would only show info for California. There wasn't so much as a road listed East of Cali. Their FAQ's recommended deleting the charts and trying again, now I get the message listed above.

Adam

P.S. I didn't have a problem downloading it, but once it reached 100% it would say that the download failed.

Im having This issue Has anyone had a the same problem with android?

I have to say thank you very much for all of your information on this I was recently reviewing GPS units and nearly wasted $500+ on one.

I put my Sprint EVO into Airplane mode(this disables chance of using Network){Battery MUST be fully charged, cause screen never shut off}

using ONLY my WiFi

Now I will admit it took about an hour to download, verify, and then unzip. Then I would continue to close down to market multiple times, so I backed out of all apps, & turned off my phone, after restarting I had ZERO problems running it.

Have to admit I am completely Stoked to use this on the ice Tomorrow.

I was debating downloading this. Reading the reviews on the app market there is a lot of negative ones. Anyone still having issues? is it worth the 13 dollars yet? I do not have much use for it, but heck for 13 dollars who cares right? Typically I fish on mille lacs and the boat I use is equipped with gps and lake maps.

to download or not to download?

I was debating downloading this. Reading the reviews on the app market there is a lot of negative ones. Anyone still having issues? is it worth the 13 dollars yet? I do not have much use for it, but heck for 13 dollars who cares right? Typically I fish on mille lacs and the boat I use is equipped with gps and lake maps.

to download or not to download?