• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

practicing shooting with my heavy jacket

Andrew Erickson

I've started practicing with my camo jacket that id wear in the woods, but when i shoot, the string/cable hits my fore arm and sends the arrow high. Is there anyway to get rid of that? i can shoot fine all day in a t-shirt but when i put on a sweatshirt or jacket thats when i start shooting high from the string hitting me. any tips on how to fix that would be REALLY appreciated

They have all of those things out there....how much money do you want to spend. There a few jackets that have an elastic sleeve to prevent this, but for about $10 you can buy an armguard. Problem solved and you can use the armguard with any piece of clothing you wear.

I actually hunt in a scent lock jacket with a built in zippered type arm guard..

But MANY years ago I was told my arm should have a slight bend to it while shooting and I re-learned my form based on this teaching and have had little or no problems sense. I also button all fronts on whatever im wearing just in case. Id hate to blow any chance i get by doing something i can prevent.

I have an armgaurd and have a slight bend at the elbow. I missed a doe one year when my string hit my sleeve, sent the arrow about 3 feet in front of her. Later that night, I remembered to bend my elbow and took a really nice buck. Alot can be said for form and practice.

They have all of those things out there....how much money do you want to spend. There a few jackets that have an elastic sleeve to prevent this, but for about $10 you can buy an armguard. Problem solved and you can use the armguard with any piece of clothing you wear.

looks like i better go shopping for some new bowhunting clothes...so long trebark.

Now NT, that looks lot better than the OLD tree bark Jim Krumly (think that was his name) came out with YEARS ago.

It looked ok as long as you were in a lodge pole pine in GA. But not many other trees i ever found. Wow thats been a long time ago.