• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Waterfowl Reports

[PoorWordUsage] and then a massive hole by Rosemount island. The Rosemount hole might be holding the largest population of birds. After the snow on Friday we had weather reports calling for "extreme" cloudiness for Saturday....by 9:00 a.m. on Saturday it was blue skies.

The birds didn't really start pushing off the lake until 2:00 p.m. We were about a mile north of the main flight line but every bird that came off to the north of the main groups sucked into the decs without circling. We had a single that dropped from about 150 yards up to 5 yards off the deck in maybe 10 seconds. I actually started to curl up into the fetile position in my layout because the bird was dropping so fast and right on top of me. I was worried about calling the shot with the goose right on top of me and then once I called the shot, I was worried the bird landing on me. Luckily they missed the first two times. eek

go to canada and u won't need a guide, these websites are turning into marketing sites for guides

Nice. There are a ton of places to hunt on lac qui parle other than my service. I just want people to know there are still good hunts to be had in our area in general. Many of the local business live and die by the hunters coming to our area in the fall.

Eeeez up Slyer. He is here for the same reason most are, he loves waterfowl hunting and contributes to the site by reporting personal, in-the-field experiences he has encountered. I thought that was what this site is for, and I for one enjoy reading his reports. If he was out of line I'm sure they'd let him know.

Yep big push left, but still 20,000+ still on the refuge. I'll be out scouting this morning so I'll post what I see.

* Note to Admin the word D A M got my post yanked because of poor word usage. But the geese are sitting behind an actual D A M on the refuge

snow line is basically I-90 right now. Birds are stacked in areas south of there. some sheet water open over the weekend, but most still frozen. Lots of jumpers and piggers out; lots of shady ethics already. Birds decoyed like lead edge birds usually decoy. very few juvies in any of the flocks we glassed. many flocks flying 10 or more miles to feed from roost sunday morning. Cant shoot em on the couch, but we knew it would be tough. Oh well, the grinder will be running tonight for a fresh batch of snow goose jerky.

a pigger is what?

Ditch pigger. the guys that drive around and jump out of their truck, run down the road ditch, and hack into passing flocks, or birds sitting on the edge of fields. Not to be confused with pass shooters who seem to scout, ask permission, take their time approaching the birds, and make a day of it.