• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I'm jealous of all of you

walleyeking19

This weekend as all of you head out to the woods chasing trophy bucks, i'll be sitting in my dorm at college in fargo unable to get out unlike the last few years . I'll be doing something much more fun...studying for a psychology test. frown Good luck to you all! I expect to see pictures so I can day dream about hunting until rifle season rolls around. Stay safe!

This weekend as all of you head out to the woods chasing trophy bucks, i'll be sitting in my dorm at college in fargo unable to get out unlike the last few years . I'll be doing something much more fun...studying for a psychology test. frown Good luck to you all! I expect to see pictures so I can day dream about hunting until rifle season rolls around. Stay safe!

Lame. Fargo is right on the border. There should be lots of opportunity to take advantage of the weekend to hunt while you are in college. You can study Monday morning before the exam. I'd make it happen. You can always retake a class but you can never relive a great hunt.

Listen to the others. Get out and hunt!! Study in the stand if you have to. I'd give anything to go back to my college days.....hunting every afternoon, weekend, and two mornings a week. Fishing all spring. Heck, I even stretched a 4 year program into 4 1/2 just so I could spend another fall at school bowhunting. This just might be the most free time you will have for the rest of your life. Sadly, since graduating 5 years ago, I haven't had time to pull the bow out of its case. Someday.....

One thing you're all overlooking is that this isn't his "home turf." It's a little tougher when you're hunting out-of-state or in a part of the state (across the border) that you're unfamiliar with. If that's the case, find some guys from the local area and get to be friends with them!

Offer to help someone from that part of the state with fall harvest or any odd job--just for the opportunity to bow hunt their property.

I went to Bemidji State, so there was no shortage of State land to hunt, but there wasn't much time to scout or find good spots to hunt. (Too many other distractions...) I was lucky to find a classmate who owned land near Becida. It was a nice perk for my four years of college.

You young guys are getting a good taste of where I was a few years back. My kids are in college now, so I've got PLENTY of time to bowhunt. grin

Scoot's right, though. If you do have a place to hunt near school, study during the day and get out that afternoon for the evening sit.

Good luck to everyone this weekend--whether you're out hunting or inside studying! laugh

Man, not a lot of "do good in school" encouragement here wink.

I feel your pain...I have a job that requires me to be on-call this weekend, so I'll also be eagerly awaiting stories from those that were able to make it out this weekend. I have the entire week after next off though!

Best of luck everyone! And, safe hunting!!!

I never had trouble finding time to hunt while working on my degree. All my spots required a solid 1-2+ hours to get to as well. I went for 1 and 2 day hunts all the time on the weekends.

Studying for a test can also be done on the road easily, at least for me. If you really want to study, hunt the morning and evening, and you have a good 4+ hours during the day to study. Can even study on stand if you want.

My youngest brother just finished his degree at UW River Falls. He did a ton of hunting and fishing around there, plus a couple longer trips in MN/WI. Most of the deer he shot he hauled back to my parent's house to process. I know he and his buddies also processed a few deer in some strange places in campus housing garages and stuff.

A roomate and I quartered a doe one year and boned it out in dorm lunch room, long as we cleaned up our mess it was all good.

But realistically work before play and it will pay off in the long run, yes these are some of the best times of your life (during college) but if you can get your degree in the 4 years and hopefully find a job you can support your hobbies with better resources and in comfort.

Me, I took the long road through college and learned the hard way 4+++ years because I hunted and fished to much in school, the point is pay your dues and the reward will last a life time.

Go study, the deer will be there next year!!!

mr

After talking to mom and dad, i have to stay up here this weekend, but i will be home in a couple weeks so i can bring my stuff to hunt up here on my grandma's land. Hopefully school doesnt go too slow so i can get out. i'll be duck hunting up here next weekend for opener. they should make waiting so long a little less painful

Man, not a lot of "do good in school" encouragement here wink.

I feel your pain...I have a job that requires me to be on-call this weekend, so I'll also be eagerly awaiting stories from those that were able to make it out this weekend. I have the entire week after next off though!

Best of luck everyone! And, safe hunting!!!

Sounds like you need some local land to hunt. I thought I would be a generous boss and give all my employees the weekend off, so I'm stuck working. BUT, I will be out there at 6am tomorrow, bow in hand. I will have to go in about 9am though to make it to the office. If I get one, it wouldn't be the first time I've gutted a deer in a suit (business suit that is). Just throw on some bibs over it and you're all set. Tracking in dress shoes is a pain though. Gotta do what ya gotta do.

This is what my day will look like tomorrow.

4:30am get up

5am go to hunting land

6am sitting in tree

9am go to work

4pm sitting in tree

8pm go to Mpls to meet friends from out of town

Sunday 5am, wake up hungover to go sit in tree.

WalleyeKing. You should have been studying all week so you could be out.

I would be hiring if I knew what my taxes were going to do for the next couple years, but that's another discussion.

I will have to amend my weekend schedule though. Went out as planned. Stuck one at 7:50am. So I'm not sure if I'll go out anymore this weekend.

Best part is... Having one in the bag already really opens up the SD pheasant hunting weekends. I'm lovin it.