• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

who has a pendulum sight?

Meat-Run

who shoots a pengelium sight and what are your thoughs and experience with it? Did you start out with a conventional sight first then switch? Just curious as to simplify my bow but I do use only 3 pins but sometimes less is more....your thoughts?

thanks,

mr

OH, and yes I'm going stir crazy too, 4 days and counting!

i have a pendulum sight only sight i have ever shot and like it alot works great in the stand and ground some people like them some dont if you are shooting 35 yards or less great sight, if you are shooting 40+ yards i would go fixed pin. If i go out west im gonna have to change my sight

I use a 3 pin adjustable now. I like it, however 70 (and 80) require seperate settings as the spacing changes at longer distances. I did not like the idea of having to adjust all of the time - It did cost me my first antelope as I sailed on over his back at 30 yards not switching back.

There is a new sight by Optix that has 3 fixed and 1 hybrid/movable pin. It will go on my new hoyt when they come out this fall.

i have a pendulum sight only sight i have ever shot and like it alot works great in the stand and ground some people like them some dont if you are shooting 35 yards or less great sight, if you are shooting 40+ yards i would go fixed pin. If i go out west im gonna have to change my sight

mrklean is right on. I've used one for about 5 years and love it. But like he said, if you're looking to shoot longer distances the one I have wouldn't work well. In fact, I don't like to shoot over 25 yards with mine. Left/right is still accurate but it drops alot after 25 yards. It's possible I just don't have it sighted properly but most of my shots are less than 25 yards anyway. The only way I would ever switch is if I wanted to hunt out west and needed to shoot farther.

Love my Vital Gear pendulum. Shoot dead on 0-30, 30-40 top of the back. Over 40, better practice a lot & figure it out. Tried a shot farther I shouldn't have tried last year, not practiced enough. Fortunately shot low & didn't touch the fawn, late season in WI.

I use a 3 pin adjustable now. I like it, however 70 (and 80) require seperate settings as the spacing changes at longer distances. I did not like the idea of having to adjust all of the time - It did cost me my first antelope as I sailed on over his back at 30 yards not switching back.

There is a new sight by Optix that has 3 fixed and 1 hybrid/movable pin. It will go on my new hoyt when they come out this fall.

70 & 80 yards? With a bow?

I bought the g5 1 fixed and 1 moveable pin shot it the first night outside and lost at least 15 minutes of shooting time could not see the pins, brought it back the next day and exchanged it for the hha optimizer they were both the same price but the hha is hands down a better sight. If you buy one follow the directions to set up the sight tape and they are right on 0 to 60 yards and I now have enough adjustment were i have marks out to 100 yards just for fun.