• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It's bad...

FishingWebGuy

I spent the last week washing clothes, scent killer spraying, line drying, and bagging, sharpening knifes, resharpening knifes, organizing everything, and reorganizing everything. This morning I woke up, read D&DH magazine, checked the forum, read some scent killer book that came with the 99% stuff, checked the forum, read my butchering book, checked the forum, went to the range for an hour with my youngest son, checked the forum, watched about 10 bowhunting shows, checked the forum...

We haven't been to our hunting area in 2 weeks but it feels like it's been 2 months.

Next year I think I'll go bear hunting just for a distraction between mid August and mid September.

Is it opener yet?

Soon. Very soon.

I think I just spent my last weekend in the boat. Last week I was just offered permission for 80 acres that's just an hour from my house. The owner is a former archer but has hung it up and only rifle hunts it. Nobody has bow hunted it for some time.

Water, fields, woods and a food plot. Someone pinch me. It'll be so awesome to have a good spot to take my daughter out before rifle season starts. cool

Here's to high hopes for a wonderful season to all! smile

I know what your saying. I've been calling every week for a neighboring property to get permission. We have a good relationship since my box stand is on the property line and I don't want to burn any bridges if you know what I mean. I finally got a hold of him on Friday around 1 pm and he said HEY NO PROBLEM! YOU ACTUALLY ASK FIRST HAVE AT IT AND IF YOU SHOOT A BIG ONE SHOW ME! Well by 5 pm I had a ground blind on the property with a trail camera in the area. I am not expecting the best luck since I just threw it in the CRP Field But I got some small trees behind me hopefully will help and a few weeks of it sitting out there will hopefully help also. Main reason I've been wanting to get on the property is my girlfriend is getting into hunting and I want her to come with and get her feet wet with sitting with me. Figure even if she just rifle hunts more you watch deer the more you can be better prepaired. Plus a family that hunts together don't get into huge fights during Oct-Nov for not being home as much right? LOL! I can only wish on that one. Hopefully the trail camera will have something better on it biggest I've had is an 8 and that was the first week I had it out!

I start getting antzy mid-july, hunting shows keep me at ease for a month but about now I can't watch them any more. I've probably lost a few clicks on my vision staring at aerial photos of the many setups I plan to hunt this year. Can't fall asleep at night, loving the cool weather, sept 18th can't get here soon enough.

I made a 5.5hr round trip to get the camper up to the land so I would have one less thing to worry about. Checked stand and saw a nice big doe in the process. Been shooting every day so bow is ready. Knives are sharp, flashlights have batteries, boots have new laces, safety harness was untangled, inspected/tested, and equipment is all in one place. Clothes get washed and sealed up this week and if my wife doesn't kill me before opener, I will be ready.

I know what you mean. I keep looking at the same aerials over and over wondering if I can find something new. The hunting shows mostly annoy me but I found that Tivo'ing them and fast forwarding through all the hype and commercials helps a lot. I like watching them for deer behavior and shot placement.

Across the street from our area (lotto) is an intensive area that I've never really been in. I'm excited to try some spot and stalk or in season scouting to fill a doe tag.

In a couple days, the 10-day forcast will include opener! How exciting. I haven't felt like this since I was waiting for the map to come out...

I have been watching the ten day forcast too...I've been ok up until last weekend when the weather changed...I'm pacing back in forth in front of my window every night watching the deer out in my field. my wife is getting sick of hearing about my hunting plans this fall. She'll never learn. I can't help it. its a diease. it's not my fault.

no sleep for me either I lay awake at night wondering if I hung stands in the right spots did I overlook anything. Did I pick locations that I can get in and out of without getting picked off. Is there a better spot that I should have hung a set. The funny thing is I hung so many stands this year that I need to sit down tonight with the wife and write down were they all are so I dont forget were I put them. This obsession needs to start soon I dont know how long I can go without sleep .

I'm getting sleep but the hunt is definitely in my dreams. I know it's bad when I'm watching the neighbor's dog, cats, squirrels as they expose vitals and I pick my shots. My wife's family stayed with us over the weekend and I caught myself watching them from our balcony as I determined shot placements on them -- that's perfectly normal, right?!?

The 10 day is looking a lot better this year than last. Looks like a high of 60*, a low of 43* and cloudy in our area the day before.