• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

XBox Live

DTro

So funny they send out this mass e-mail and guess what is on the dash board today? $20 off the $49 12 month gold membership. They are not fools lol!

Only fool is me. My sons saved up enough money to meet halfway on new 12 gold memberships and just yesterday we ordered two $39 dollar 12 month gold's via walmart's website, which has had them for $30 before. They are $39.00 in the store. I am going to see if I can return them in the morning, but if not $39 is better than $49.

Knew the day we did this, the next day something would come out.

Anyone with a Gold Membership in the Xbox Diamonds club/card?

It's pretty nice I got the $20 egift card from Walmart for prordering Blackops.....I can put that towards one of the $39 cards for a total of $19.......just sayin people.

I have to ask- what do you guys pay for? Seriously? You pay your internet company to be online, and the games (IW, Treyarch, Activision) have the servers to play their games (not PS or Xbox) so what exactly are you paying for?

Stable non laggy service that gets timely updates and preferencial map updates for games. whistlelaugh

I've had a live account from day one (maybe 10 years), and I can count maybe 3-4 times it has been down when I wanted to play.

The PSN is actually lag free. Remember, any "lag" while gaming is the game companies servers, not the PSN. Another thing- these games rely on one of the players to be a host, if he/she has bad internet service, it will lag.

Hey, basically I'm happy with the service and personally I like the 360 better. Not even because it is superior, but I just don't feel like learning a new controller form factor and style.

Plus I've never liked Sony's business model of proprietary accessories.

I've had my gamertag for almost a decade now and still play with frends I first met back then.

I spend $5/mo on a lot worse forms of entertainment.

Plus I've never liked Sony's business model of proprietary accessories.

Not to hijack the current hijack of this of this thread or anything, but does sony really only have proprietary accessories?

I have a wii, but my last "hard-core" gaming system was a PS2 and there were always boat loads of 3rd party controllers, headsets, 4-way player things, memory cards, and everything else available.

Now it's all sony? that's pretty bull carp.

Not to hijack the current hijack of this of this thread or anything, but does sony really only have proprietary accessories?

I have a wii, but my last "hard-core" gaming system was a PS2 and there were always boat loads of 3rd party controllers, headsets, 4-way player things, memory cards, and everything else available.

Now it's all sony? that's pretty bull carp.

There are 3rd part accessories available, it is not all Sony. Probably less proprietary than MS. You can add any 2.5 in HD to upgrade, you don't have to buy the overpriced MS hard drive. There are other controllers available, but Sony ones work the best.

This is a Ford vs Chevy thing. Both are good and do essentially the same thing. I like PS3 because it has a Blu-Ray player and built-in wireless/gigabit ethernet/bluetooth and works great for audio and video streaming.

The new model Xbox's (the slim versions) have all that built in. Also the RRoD is something associated with the early models (that had 65nm node parts, they are now 45nm parts, maybe even 40nm now, so they generate a lot less heat). The XBox hard drive might be proprietary but you can use any USB flash drive if you need a little extra space. Really the deciding factor is which system has more games you like. On paper the PS3 has always been the better deal, but the XBox has killed it in sales because the 360 has a better game selection.

The woman rented Hot Tub Timemachine the other day and she realized it was blu ray. Threw it in my ps3 and poof! I got use my blu ray player.

As for the updates? They are released to Xbox before PS3 thats the only reason xbox gets them before us. A friend of mine once told me he has xbox just so he could play Nazi Zombies on W@W.... He was told it was only Xbox Exclusive... PS3 has its too smile

I will continue to play online and not pay smile I still chuckle when people tell me they are on their 4th Xbox and im still on my original PS3... However, some might get a good xbox others might get a RROD Machine.

Basically the only reason I see Xbox better than PS3 is Halo series of games. But lets get real, halo sucks anyway.

The only thing I wish the ps3 had was a decent browser which I read on the interweb one day that firefox was developing one.

Does xbox have a browser?

I also rad rumors that it may be Chrome based to allow for the new Google TV coming up. There is a lot of speculation of a new browser coming up. I am all for that. The existing one is getting pretty dated.