• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Swamp People

LMITOUT

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
'Swamp People' Star -- Bad Heart Threatens Career

The most beloved star of the hit reality show "Swamp People" is in danger of missing Season 3 after a serious heart condition almost took his life earlier this year ... TMZ has learned.

It's not Troy ... or Trapper Joe ... or the badass Guist Brothers -- it's Bruce Mitchell's faithful sidekick Tyler ... the lovable gator hunting dog.

TMZ spoke to a rep for Bruce -- the guy who rocks the overalls and the American flag bandana -- who tells us Tyler was having "heart troubles" back in January ... and had to be rushed to the vet for emergency medical care.

We're told things got so bad "the dog almost died."

Luckily for Tyler, doctors were able to treat the illness ... and he's been resting at home and taking heart meds ever since.

The rep tells us Bruce is unsure if Tyler will be able to join him on the boat next season ... saying Bruce is "hopeful...but still not sure."

Quote:
The loveable gator hunting dog from "Swamp People" is back in action after a heart scare.

Tyler was rushed to a vet back in January after a heart scare. The dog is a fixture on the boat during gator hunts, but he was sidelined after his medical emergency.

The good news -- Tyler is back in action.

The bad news -- gator season sucks, because of Tropical Storm Lee, which is wreaking havoc in Louisiana because it heats up and lowers water levels, making it hard for gators to swim and for hunters to catch them.

Maybe a few less Zebra Cakes in Tyler's future. smile

FYI There is a special on the History Channel that ran a couple weeks ago, maybe they are still running it, called "Swampsgiving." It follows all the characters as they prepare for feasts. Landrys hunt turkeys, Glenn and Mitchell hunt rabbits, Bruce goes after gar, and RJ and Jay Paul do a hog hunt. 1 hour. It was okay. I suspect a lot of editing because Landrys got their turkeys pretty easy.

FYI There is a special on the History Channel that ran a couple weeks ago, maybe they are still running it, called "Swampsgiving." It follows all the characters as they prepare for feasts. Landrys hunt turkeys, Glenn and Mitchell hunt rabbits, Bruce goes after gar, and RJ and Jay Paul do a hog hunt. 1 hour. It was okay. I suspect a lot of editing because Landrys got their turkeys pretty easy.

When I saw them walk up on that turkey the only thing that came to my mind was pen raised bird released!

theyre definitely bringing it back and we might even see Glenn/Mitchell get their own show

I can only imagine what that might be like - Glenn/Mitchell take showers (2 hour network special), Glenn/Mitchell hit the singles bars

looking for love, etc

cant help but poke fun at those two but they seem like decent guys

I must be missing something on this show, I watched when it started and liked it, but really how many gators do we need to see shot. Every episode seems the same.

Bait the traps, show the boys motoring and checking the trap line, sneak up on line, pull it in, choot'em. Repeat for 60 minutes.

There, I just wrote an episode, or a season for that matter.

I can't really say what captivates me with this show but I do know that I like to watch it even if it is edited pretty badley and each episode is about them baiting, driving, chooting, and fighting each other.

Gator Prices went up 30% and everybody went heavy on the tags. Clint's back with Troy and Jake and another Landry son are running together. RJ and Jay Paul got 500 tags and RJ wants to displace Troy as "King of the Swamp," but they are masters of the 5 and 6 foot gators. Liz hired another gal and is independent...I think History Channel is trying too hard to cater to a demographic they'll never get - women. Nothing from Willie and Junior, they were probably busy getting dental work done.

Caught about 5 minutes of Mudcats then changed the channel. No wonder everyone that knows I catfish asks if I noodle them crazy If you think Swamp People is staged Mudcats will make you think S.P. is a night at the improv.

If you think Swamp People is staged Mudcats will make you think S.P. is a night at the improv.

LOL

laugh

I like Swamp People the most for the people.

Troy Landry seems like a good all-around guy: cares about family, friends, works hard, etc and doesnt seem to have a bad word to say about anybody.

The 2 brothers crack me up. I know theyre only featured every once in awhile but LOL.

Willie that grabs snakes at night just seems like he 'growd up in day swamp & gone die in day swamp' good ole boy.

been watching it for a couple of years now, not sure why. But my son was working for a company in Marshall, Michigan this past summer that was working on the embridge oil spill over there. they were using air boats to get around, most of which were hire from down south. His driver happen to be Elizabeth's brother. said he had some interesting stories to tell about her. bottom line was the producer have a tendency to add-live a little, imagine(sp) that.

Yeah, it's pretty much the same script, but it's "aw-ite". Maybe this year there will be something a little different besides just nabbin gators? All the shows pretty much stick to the same script though? First 48, the noodling catfish show, gator boys, swamp loggers, etc. all them reality shows are about, well, what they are supposed to be about!

Now if you throw a couple of alligators in with the noodlers, and a mad criminal in with that pest control guy and maybe helidrop a brace of big water logged logs on First 48 headquarters and have a S.W.A.T. team bear down on them gold miners in Alaska and a bunch of other senarios like that, you might get some peoples attention! wink

...Now if you throw a couple of alligators in with the noodlers, and a mad criminal in with that pest control guy and maybe helidrop a brace of big water logged logs on First 48 headquarters and have a S.W.A.T. team bear down on them gold miners in Alaska and a bunch of other senarios like that, you might get some peoples attention! wink

You, sir, have just blown my mind! If you could get gold, sunken logs, moonshine, nuisance critters, gators, and catfish out of the same Glory Hole, you'd have 6 hours of Discovery channel's lineup everyday for the next 10 years!

After last nights episode, I'm thinkin that some of those people in the 'Swamp' have a real and on going death wish! Maybe they are fed up with the deep fried turtle treats and the greasy food?

Old Cedric there, jumping that levy with that Jonboat? That could have gotten out of hand real quick! At the least, he could have lost a mouth full of teeth real quick! So much for being carefull back in the swamp.It was probably staged for television right off the main drag, so they could get him to the hospital if things went bad.

Also, how fargin dumb does someone have to be to wade into a deep, murky pond with a .22 pistol, looking for a wounded 10 foot alligator? What if there is a couple of gators in there? Again, that gator was probably deader then a door nail and the pond was cleared before any of that nonsense took place....nice pistol she had though...probably a loaner, cause it looked brand new and the rest of the firearms that they use are all rusted.

They could have gotten a little side action going with JR and Jay Paul and the fat crew in that other boat, a little 'Cajun Swamp UFC' a little break from the script. With those two in that little boat, they didn't have much room for a gator if they got one! So much for swamp hospitality, huh?

Anyways, I like it and look forward to Thursdays when it comes on...... baseball, UFC and Swamp People.

Old Cedric there, jumping that levy with that Jonboat? That could have gotten out of hand real quick! At the least, he could have lost a mouth full of teeth real quick!

LOL ...lost a mouth full of teeth...???!!! LOL Do any of them have a double digit tooth count, let alone a mouth full?

Oh Lord.

I don't know or pretend to understand how the canal leasing works, but don't Jay Paul and RJ look silly yelling at some guys about trespassing and poaching without any evidence? Would be really smart to start a fight with cameras around and get thrown in the clink for assault.

Wasn't much of a score for Troy and Clint to jump a canal for 3 gators...sounds like it was made for TV since they shot that jump twice - once with a cameraman inside and once with the cameraman stationed on the levee.

Willie kills a monster gator with a 3" pocket knife in the sweet spot on land? Something tells me it was dead already.

Liz and Christie jump into a canal to recover a gator that likely isn't dead? Pretty silly.

Jump the shark sounds about right to me.