• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bait and Rod Photos

As there is "photo" sections on all the fish forums, I thought about starting one for Custom made rods, and baits. I have seen great work from alot of the other members on this site, and what better way to see everyones work. I hope it catches on.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my first build ive attempted. It turned out better than I anticipated!

I might add a butt wrap down the road, or a sticker and some paint on the rod details.

I got everything from Midwest Rod and Reel in prior lake and they really helped me get this project complete! Start to finsih. I had questions and they were able to answer me and even show me a few things!

This is a 6'5" Medium Heavy Action

46560_649553464482_199101806_36517426_22

47537_649552471472_199101806_36517305_21

pure the butt wraps are done with size a thread and no you don't need a weave, the best place i found to learn how to do the wraps is the rod builder guild (online) they have a how to section. You can print off directions on how to do various wraps. If you do try it I would reccommend practicing on a wooden dowel first. Wraps seem difficult at first but you kinda get hooked as you figure it out.