• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bait and Rod Photos

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Up North awesome links..........the wife really liked the rose...guess I'll be starting another rod sooner then I thought!! Liked the soaring eagle, especially liked the mermaid. Question any hints on doing inscriptions, I seem to have a real problem with it (trying on old rod blanks)

A while back someone had posted that the easiest way to do it( I don't sign rods) is to use scotch tape. You sign the tape and then put the tape on the on the rod and smooth out the bubbles.

And yeah the Rose went over very well. My brother in law wanted it for his wife. She loves it.

I tried out my first tiger wrap yesterday. They are fun! I should have spent more time burnishing, but this was just a practice anyway! Color combination is key to a good looking one! Also, man these suckers are hard to see unless you have a good light or sunlight!

This is just a practice run on a cheap shimano rod I had laying around.

61512_655687012802_199101806_36694606_43

Nick,

You want to see individual threads easily. A couple of things I do to see those wraps are:

Use some reading glasses. They are cheap from from Wallmart or a drugstore. I have to use them generally for reading etc, but use a higher level (2.0 diopter) for this type of close work. Try them out. Use one you can see the finger print lines on your hands clearly.

Use a desk lamp or reading lamp or even a high power work light (the kind on a stand with 1,000 watts) to get lots of light on the subject.

Keep pushing the threads tight with the burnishing tool as you wrap. I use the tip mostly at that time. Then smooth at the end with the flatter side at the end.

Bob

full-534-3495-hellhounds.jpg

Winters long, painting up stuff is fun.

First time poster here in this section...never saw it before...fun to share.

smile

Photo is of lures, mostly Hellhounds I did for friends in UK that fish pike.

Simple is best, contrasting junk seems to work...plus we like wild stuff one can not buy.

Muskie Fish an Pike just want to kill the thing any way....:)

Tommy

Cancer suckz!

Thanks...fun to share some of the junk I do.

BassnBucks dose really nice work ...not easy getting that nice a pattern to come out on smaller lure...great.

Solbes ..right on...good stuff.

Love the diffrent rod wraps an stuff..very cool.

grin

Fun taking time to do something special for yourself or friends or just to make a couple bucks to buy supplies to keep doing it.

Kind a like guiding, ...don't get rich...just make enuff to pay the gas, insurance an related boat bil$ an buy other junk to keep ya on the water.

Few things for the hounds is a must also an never ever forget flowers for the wife.

smile

Tommy

full-534-3525-grunt.jpg

16" Grunt an 7" Magic Maker I did last winter just for ME!

cool

My own Nucular Monster Snot Perch Pattern.

Any fish an all humans can these these two coming from three blocks away.

crazy

In yer hand ya gots ta wears yer cheap sunglasses or die.

cool

Keep on Rocken!

Tommy

Cancer Suckz.