• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Not sure where the best place to post this is, so I chose a heavy traffic area, moderators move this if you have to.

Somebody broke into my cabin and stole the following items. If anyone comes across any of these or hears anything would you please let me know. I have pics. I will pay out a reward for returned items. 218-496-0214 Thanks

12 point buck mount

10 point buck mount

10 point European mount

24 pound pike

climbing deer stand

hang on stand

coleman cook stove

coleman coffee maker-nonelectric stove top type

2 coleman laterns

Sorry to hear about this break in. Is your cabin located in Wrenshall or somewhere else. We do have a stolen forum for this type of thing but I'll get an answer to your question.

I'll surely keep my eyes and ears open...

Going to the pawn shops & cop shop tomorrow. Thanks for spreading the word jimalm, even if I never get my stuff back it brings awareness to other people. The mounts are the most sickening things I've lost or had taken from me because there not really replaceable. I've posted this on a popular for sale site also, Duluth & Twin cities. Anybody have any other ideas to get the word out?

I really can't think of anything other then the pawn shops in Duluth or the one down in Finlayson called Northern pawn. You might want to put ads in the Manny's and in the Evergreen down in Moose Lake just in case these bums do try to sell the stolen items close by. Good Luck and I really hope thew screw up and get caught so you can get your mounts back.

Assuming you dont get them back and assuming you have a picture of either the mounts or the bucks themselves when shot, you could have Artistic Anglers make you a reproduction set. They do a great job.

Hope you get them back and I REALLY hope there isnt someone out there bringing them home to his wife saying this was the buck I shot last fall when he was actually in the bar all weekend.

Hey Barometer I talked to my friend and he told his boys to about the stolen mounts in case they should over hear something at a bar or at work. They went out and checked there hunting shack to make sure it was good. Hopefully something good will happen soon or they screw up and get caught. These type of people need to get busted.

Barometer, if you have photos of the mounts it can help a great deal. Not many deer have racks that look the same. Those photos can be post at taxidermy shops. As somebody may look to have the racks re-mounted. Check all on-line sales for taxidermy mounts or racks.

Barometer,

I just noticed this ad selling a 6x6 white tail mount in the Sioux Falls, SD section of (it won't let me post the full name of the HSOforum) craigs____(dot)com. It may be nothing, but you could pretend to be a buyer and have him send you a picture of the mount just to be sure it's not yours.

whitetail shoulder mount 6x6 net score 170 - $1 (sioux falls, sd)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2010-08-22, 6:17PM CDT

Reply to: sale-57w6c-1913429227@craigs____.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i am selling my boone & crockett trophy whitetail shoulder mount. It nets 170 6/8. If interested email me at cadet1984@hotmail or call/text @ 402-403-7954. If you want pics let me know only serious buyers please! Thanks!

I did an eebbaayy search for whitetail mounts and found 224 results. Might want to do the same to see if anyone of those are yours.

It makes me sick to my stomach to hear this and I hope the scum gets what they deserve. I don't understand why anyone would want to hang another man's trophy. They didn't earn it, they don't have a good story or memory to relate to. I don't get it.