• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Neil Young Concert

DonBo

Just got my tickets to see Neil Young-solo at the Northrup Auditorium July 29th.

One of my favorite performers. I've never seen him live and am really looking forward to it. The Northrup should be a great place to see him do his solo acoustic stuff. Can't wait!

You won't be disappointed. I saw him with Crazy Horse on the Ragged Glory (fantastic album) tour at Target Center. Electric Neil sounds like no one else.

Later on, I saw him at the Orpheium on the Harvest Moon tour. It was solo acoustic. (Opening was Martin Zellar from the Gear daddies, and the Jayhawks)

He had several guitars, six and 12 string. There was an upright piano, and best of all, an old pump organ. He played Like a Hurricane on that, and it was chilling. Best show I have ever seen.

The show was great! One of the best venues I've been to. The accoustics were outstanding.

Neil played 5 or 6 different guitars along with his mouth harp. He also played one song on an upright piano, one on a calliope (I think) and another on an electric Grand Piano. He's a helluva entertainer who still can rock after all these years. His accoustic stuff was great, but once he "plugged in" it was like the show took off. Just great!

Maybe the best concert I've ever seen.

Hey, hey, my, my. Rock and Roll will never die.

My sister in law and brother in law went to the show last night, sat in the 157 buck seats in the orchestra seats, my biggest complaint is I don't think she has ever listened to one Neil Young song. B.I.L. probably wet himself last night though, huge Neil fan

Glad you got to see him in a small venue like the Northrup. These small venues like the Northrup, State, Orpheum, Ordway and the Guthrie, I'm not sure if the Guthrie still have shows, are awesome places to see shows especially when you add performers like Neil Young.

So, did he play some new music off his upcoming album.

Glad you got to see him in a small venue like the Northrup. These small venues like the Northrup, State, Orpheum, Ordway and the Guthrie, I'm not sure if the Guthrie still have shows, are awesome places to see shows especially when you add performers like Neil Young.

So, did he play some new music off his upcoming album.

He did play several songs that I didn't recognize that very well could be from his new album, but since he hardly said a word other than his singing, who knows?