• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Governor's Opener 2010: They came, they fished, they caught

Hey all:

Wanderer (Tracy) and I covered the 2010 Governor's Opener on Kabetogama Lake on Saturday. Tracy wrote the story and I took the pictures. You can find them on the front page on the HSO site. Or go here.

But meanwhile, seemed appropriate to share the pics in here. smile

web-guvfish10.jpg

web-guvfish2.jpg

web-steveeye.jpg

web-kyleboats.jpg

web-tracysmallie1.jpg

web-mrsguv2.jpg

web-kids1.jpg

web-guvfish9.jpg

web-fishrelease.jpg

web-guvfish13.jpg

Well, I caught more than one! gringrin

Spent the first coupla hours photographing the gov instead of fishing, so the morning bite was long over before we wet our lines. And we had to finish up by 4 p.m., so we couldn't cash in on the evening bite. No matter. Was a great day in great company, and I gotta shout out to Wanderer for a very nice story on the opener, and just being an all around good guy and buddy and fishing partner. smile

curious, where did they get the cool decals of the skeleton fish for the camera boat? Is that a custom job?

I don't know where they got it, but it's a boat wrap. When I blew the photo way up on the screen of my computer, I could see the fine crosshatching of the wrap pattern. Doesn't show at normal size.

Way better photos than anything that showed up in the papers here in the cities. Good job Steve!

That's because they don't pay their beat shooters as much as a high caliber shooter like Foss makes! grin Also if you look at the Guard boat pic you may get an idea where the nice boat wrap came from. All kidding aside Great shots Steve. And nice writing job on the coverage, Tracy! cool