• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Call of Duty: Black Ops

LMITOUT

Jeff MW2 is a run and gun game for sure. Its a way better run and gun then black ops. You are just use to the pile of junk we've been playing for a while, so when you switch to mw2 it seems to be crappy.

MW2 I could run around and get 20+ kills with out firing a single bullet. Specially on the map highrise.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't played multiplayer Black Ops in three or more weeks except I think I played a game or two with Rob at one point but maybe not. I really love Black Ops, and I bought Modern Warfare one and two just to beat the campaigns and I tried out the multiplayer and I didn't like it much at all. Black Ops caters to my run and gun style with the basic, single level maps. I just don't feel at an advantage on the modern warfare games.

I have never really noticed major problems with Black Ops to be honest. I don't really get the hit detection problem and I barely ever have connection issues unless the host leaves mid-game then it gets choppy. I used to get the occasional running behind cover and getting killed and then watching the kill cam to watch me being shot in the wide open. Other then that I love Blops and don't have anything bad to say about it. I love love love zombies, too.

Shack, I love my old tube TV for video games. Yeah I might not be able to read peoples gamertags in lobbies and such since it's so blurry, but I can kill fools like crazy on this thing. Whenever I play on HD tv's I can't do nearly as good. It always feels choppy or laggy and the colors throw me off every time. Nobody really understands me when I say "choppy and laggy" but it bugs me when I am playing on HD.

Gotta say I agree with almost everything you said.

A year ago I loved MW2, now I cant stand it and the noobtube, quick scope fest it has become. I wouldnt say I ever was into BO as much as MW2 when it came out but BO is definitely more enjoyable for me to play right now.

I too never expierenced the bad game mechanics others described. When it first came out I got dropped from games a lot more than I do now but thats about it. Id say I make it through host migration more in this game than I did in MW2.

Funny you mention the old tube TV... A few years ago I got a nice HD tv and started gaming on it, it looked great but one thing, I stunk on it and hated it. I was struggling to put up KDRs of 1.0. Moved back to the tube tv and rocked again. I found I had to play with my HD tv on 4:3 screen ratio and after a while I just switched to regular screen ratio and Im fine now. Actually if Im ever at a friends and have to play on a tube TV now I struggle with that.

Jeff MW2 is a run and gun game for sure. Its a way better run and gun then black ops. You are just use to the pile of junk we've been playing for a while, so when you switch to mw2 it seems to be crappy.

MW2 I could run around and get 20+ kills with out firing a single bullet. Specially on the map highrise.

I haven't given it enough of a chance yet but so far I have noticed that most maps are huge multi leveled. The sound is aweful and the game mechanics seem strange to me. I don't know, just a personal preference I guess. I love Black Ops.

sounds a lot like you use one of the major downfalls of mw2 which was marathon, lightweight, commando(worst cod perk ever)

sounds a lot like you use one of the major downfalls of mw2 which was marathon, lightweight, commando(worst cod perk ever)

What perks did you use? Bling? Scavenger? Stopping Power? Cold Blooded? Last Stand? Those were the downfall of the game. Heart beat, noob tube corner camping players. Running around with a knife you are constantly in the open, moving around, making loud foot steeps. I was the easiest target in the game. The fact that people couldn't aim a gun isn't my fault.

I use light weight, marathon, and steady aim in black ops. basically the same thing except there is no commando. The difference in black ops vs mw2 is you just simply cannot knife anyone. The knifing is a joke in black ops and should just be removed. I am still able to lunge and knife someone, just most the time the knife misses which is garbage.

A lot of people complained about the commando in mw2, but to be honest you had to know how to knife to be successful at it. You couldn't just equip the perk and expect it to work for you. You had to know what to do...

(Turnupfishing) maybe you can elaborate on some of the knifing matches we had. We would be running head to head and no matter what it seemed like I had the edge on you. Its a trick in how you operate the knife. I don't know how to explain it, but I just had a knack for it.

If you can't shoot a guy running at you with a knife then your aim must be poor. The knife was one of the best weapons to take on a guy in a riot shield. Or to take out a quick scoping sniper or a nube toober corner camping with his heart beat sensor.

I mainly loved commando for the no falling damage. Commando was in my eyes a favorite perk. I also use the same perks all the time. Light weight, marathon, and steady aim or commando.

Like I said I was the easiest target to spot specially when you are sitting there noob tubing, sniping, or using your heart beat sensor. I would/will run circles around the map finding you. If you are out moving around and not camping you are most likely jogging, where I am in a full out run. You should have plenty of time to see me and shoulder your weapon when I just have a knife to use.

To each their own I guess. I hope there is knifing similar to mw2 in the next game.

(Turnupfishing) maybe you can elaborate on some of the knifing matches we had. We would be running head to head and no matter what it seemed like I had the edge on you. Its a trick in how you operate the knife. I don't know how to explain it, but I just had a knack for it.

I can back this up. I can usually hold my own knifing and understand that you gotta follow the person while knifing as you run past them (if that makes sense) but yeah Riverrat left me asking "how the?" many times. Though, make it a pistol or gun battle and I can take ya, remember the pistol/headshots only games?

I could deal with the knife monkeys. To me its the overpowered, endless explosives that make MW2 no fun to me right now. If people want to use them, whatever, but I hope the new game doesnt have Danger close, OMA, or some other way to get an endless supply of explosives.

So you kicked tail with a knife at a gun fight!!!??? What makes you think that is good about a game!!!???? That makes the game lame. It should be very hard to kill someone with a knife period unless it is a stab from behind.

Yeah, I hated in MW2 and Black Ops (to a lessor extent) when a guy rushes at you head on with a knife. You get a few rounds into him and he still stabs you because you didn't shoot him enough to kill him. Honestly, if a guy was running at you with a knife and you shot him twice I don't think he's going to keep coming and take you down.

I can see stabbing guys from behind, but unless you're a ninja or something and can throw it, a knife is going to lose to a gun (face to face) every time.

In Black Ops you practically have to empty a clip into a guy to kill him, but one swipe of the knife and he's dead every time.

Yeah, I hated in MW2 and Black Ops (to a lessor extent) when a guy rushes at you head on with a knife. You get a few rounds into him and he still stabs you because you didn't shoot him enough to kill him. Honestly, if a guy was running at you with a knife and you shot him twice I don't think he's going to keep coming and take you down.

I can see stabbing guys from behind, but unless you're a ninja or something and can throw it, a knife is going to lose to a gun (face to face) every time.

In Black Ops you practically have to empty a clip into a guy to kill him, but one swipe of the knife and he's dead every time.

I actually find most the knives in black ops bounce off the guy. Ive had times where I hear a thud and it doesn't damage them at all. Knife em again, and nothing, finally the guy will turn around and knife me.

Takes way less bullets to kill a guy in MW2 when they are coming at you then black ops. I hope there is knifing, because I enjoyed running around knifing. I remember one map where I run to a dumpster at the start of the match and waited for about 2 seconds for the guaranteed one or two guys that would run by. Turns out the whole team came that way. I knifed them all in the back and got some award for killing the whole team in the first 10 seconds of the game. It left the team speechless lol

I dont care how many bullets it takes to kill someone in either game. If someone is running right at you with their knife and you hit them 3 times in the chest with an assault rifle, THEYRE NOT GOING TO MAKE IT TO YOU. Its a failure of all cod games but commando added to that mistake. Add on lightweight and marathon its twice as bad when they are all together. never did i use tubes, snipers or sensors. i was a silent killer with usually bling or scavenger, cold blooded and usuually ninja or steady aim. its not that i couldnt aim my gun its that the gun doesnt kill him before he gets to you even with multiple hits.

Exactly Bgreen. It took less bullets to kill a guy in MW2, but with the Commando lunge it didn't matter. You could have your crosshairs on a doorway and shoot as soon as the guy walks in and he'd still teleport across the room, stab you and be out the door before you hit the ground.

Exactly.

Can you imagine the horrible hit detection of BFlops combined with the ridiculous knife lunging of MW2? At that point you might as well not even carry a gun because you couldn't pump out enough rounds to kill a guy that can lunge 20 ft and stab you.

No matter what someone is going to not like a certain aspect of the game. I liked knives, but I hated bling, scavenger, cold blooded, and ninja.

You just have to adapt to that aspect of the game. If you want it to be far, play barebones..... Then there is no reason to use any attachments or special weapons.

I liked knives, but I hated bling, scavenger, cold blooded, and ninja.

Eh I dont mind the knifing aspect by itself but commando was a bit too much. I used commando pro for the no fall damage more than the knifing part.

whats wrong with the perks you named? Those are probably your most basic, least "noob" perks in the game.

I loved Riot shields, lots of people hated them. But honestly they were not noobish at all. Try going back and using the riot shield and put together even a 5 killstreak. They took skill and a whole new set of tactics to be effective with. I hope they bring them back, but I know they wont.

I loved Riot shields, lots of people hated them. But honestly they were not noobish at all. Try going back and using the riot shield and put together even a 5 killstreak. They took skill and a whole new set of tactics to be effective with. I hope they bring them back, but I know they wont.

Was I playing against you when my cousins and I were all in riot shield and wed lock down a building? I liked the riot shield too! specially when I mounted it to one of the sand bag turrets!!!

0.jpg

hardcore is like watching paint dry. Sorry Zamboni! They camp enough if regular team death match so I hate playing hardcore just for the fact that they camp twice as hard and hide in corners.

There are campers in core and on every game mode on every COD game to ever come out. Camping doesn't bug me as much as second chance. THAT is the worst perk ever put on any of these games, esp hardcore. Shouldn't even be allowed on hardcore.